Chapter 12

Natasha's POV

"Will you three stop it?! I know it's not y/n, I'll be fine." I assured them as I loaded my gun.

"It may not be her, but what if it's the ones who took her? They got the best of you last time, what if this time they take you too?" Steve worried.

"If it is or I do, that gives me a better chance at finding her," I said and walked off the jet.

Doctor Poison's POV

"Where is she?" Dr. Kint asked over comms getting impatient.

"Don't worry she'll be here," I assured him.

"Remember, eliminate her. If she gets the best of you and kills you first-"

"Then, I got more than I deserved." I finished. It was currently 2 p.m. I was waiting at the bottom of the hill where the Black Widow first caught y/n.

She's so pathetic, I don't know why Kint ever bothered with her.

The sound of faint footsteps from behind me disrupted my thoughts. I didn't turn around just yet, waiting for her to be near enough for me to attack when I was ready. The footsteps drew closer and closer until they came to an abrupt stop.

"Y/n?" the surprised and sad voice made me smile underneath my mask.

I slowly turned around taking the mask off in the process and stopped when I was fully facing her. "Not exactly," I said. "But I guess that's your fault."

"What does that mean?" she asked, I could feel her distress from 5 feet away.

"Well, I'm sure there was a chance she could have gotten away if she wasn't trying to protect you from further "pain," I explained intentionally bringing up her anxiety and insecurities.

God, she is so naïve. But I have to agree with y/n, she is quite beautiful.

"What'd they do to you?" she asked, as she finally saw the small burn marks around my jawline.

"This," I said and raised my head and pointed to the marks. "This is how they helped me remember who I am. Helped me become more than the pathetic little girl that y/n was."

"You think that's Doctor Poison?" she asked. "That's not who you are and I know deep down inside you know that too."

"How would you know? You knew y/n for what, 4 months? She never told you did she?" I bombarded her with questions. "About the thrill, she got each time the light in her victims' eyes died out. How seeing them struggle only made her want to do it again. How her nightmares were just her dreams that almost always came true. Except for you."

"Well if that were true, what was the point of creating you? What was the point in them creating you as a whole other personality?" she asked this time she was the one smiling. "If you think about it, all they want is a machine that they can control."

"Enough talking," I said, anger building from within and I lunged at her knife in hand. Our combat skills were mostly matched, every swing or kick each of us threw was dodged by the other. She didn't bother using her gun to shoot me because she didn't want to hurt y/n.

We went on like this for a few minutes until I was able to draw my knife into her thigh. She barely even flinched or grunted in pain as she pulled the dagger out of her thigh and threw it to the side.

Did not expect that.

"We can either keep swinging until we're tired or you can give yourself up," she said not even breathing heavily.

"It wasn't with knives my heart he tore when he brought me to death's door. It wasn't his hands that had me slain- but he had killed me all the same. Cold and callous with no remorse, he turned me into a walking corpse. And I am imprisoned in this pain, while he without the slightest blame- free to do it over again." Lang Leave." I quoted.

"What?" she asked confused.

"It's been repeating in my head. I say it because no matter what I say I will always be a prisoner to something." I explained.

"So...is that a yes or a no?" she asked.

"It's a no," I said and we starting sparring again.

Go for the ankles, it's her weak spot. Spoke a little voice inside my head, I didn't question where it came from but I listened and wrapped my foot around hers and pulled up knocking her back. I quickly went to hold her down but when I got too close she wrapped her legs around my waist and I was the one that ended up pinned.

"You remember my weakness but you forget my strength," she smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused, the only thing I know about y/n and Natasha's time together is when they first met, meaning the voice that spoke to me must have been y/n waking up again. Natasha realized this too, her facial expression didn't change but you could see she was gleaming with happiness and hope.

"Thank you for that," she said and the next thing I saw was complete darkness.

The next time I opened my eyes I was in another tank but it wasn't with Dr. Kint and the Sculptors it was what I assumed to be the S.H.I.E.L.D. base.
___________________________________________

Hey,

Sorry for all the time skips but I think the story's going well so far.

Also, thank you to everyone who has been following along and reading this story it is by far the best story I've written.

I'm gonna get to bed now because when writing this it's 9:03 April 30th and I plan to sleep in very late tomorrow. (yes I know 9 is still a little early but I'm on a school sleeping schedule).

Bye-bye.

Kiwi.

P.s. by the time you're reading this I've probably had it for a couple of weeks now but I just got Storm Breaker and it lights up like lightning and makes thunder sounds which I think is so cool and so worth the $180 I spent on it.

Yes, I am that geek that has Storm Breaker and Cap's shield and like 40 funko pops.