Part.7 Freedom

"Talking"
'Thinking'
*Action/Effects*
-Reading/Text-

Time skip 1 year*

Izuku pov*
It has been over 1 year since I met Eri, and ever since that incident. I have just been following along with Overhoes *Ah hum* I mean Overhauls experiments.

Eri also unlocked her quirk. When I first found out what it was I got worried, so I forbade her from using it. So far I've convinced them it's just a shitty mutation quirk that just give her a horn. Surprisingly enough they never caught on? I'm not sure if it's just because they just see her as a hostage. Or the fact that the boss hated her family and just doesn't give a fuck about her. Whatever it is, i'm glad.

Eri is getting better as well, but she has started calling me dad. I wasn't to sure what to think about this at first. But I decided to just accept it.

So far, life has been on repeat. We wake up, eat, I go with Overhaul for a few hours, come back, rest, eat, go with Overhaul again, then come back, and sleep. We occasionally get a tub of cold water which I can somewhat warm up with my fire, some soap, and a cloth to wash ourselves with. But throughout all of this. There was at one point, a ray of hope.

A villion called Rappa. He was actually really nice. He sometimes snuck us extra food, and in the winter some extra blankets. On holidays, he used to sneak us some candy. He even got Eri a small fox plushy on Christmas.

But 4 months ago he was busted and sent back to the main base. Since then our meals were cut in half and Overhaul also kicked it up a notch with the experiments.

Eri is currently playing with her fox plushy.

Izuku: "Hey Eri it's time for bed!" I say setting up the blankets on the floor and laying down on my side.

Eri: "Ok." She walks over and lays down next to me snuggling up into my chest. I wrapped her up with my tails and pull her in closer to keep her warm and we both fall asleep.

2 hours later*

I'm awoken by Eri shifting around and crying in her sleep. So I tried to wake her up.

Izuku: "Eri, Eri wake up." I say softly slightly shaking her.

Eri: *Whimper* "No, don't, don't die... DADDY!" She yells as she wakes up. I quickly pull her into my chest and hug her tightly. Making sure she can hear my heartbeat which normally calms her down.

Izuku: "Shhh! It's ok, I'm right here. It's just a nightmare, I'm right here." We lay there for 10 minutes with me calming her down and whispering to her that everything's ok. "Are you feeling better?" She nodded. "Do you think you can go back to sleep?" She shakes her head. "What if I sing you a song?" She nodded.

Izuku: (When I see your smile
Tears run down my face
I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold
And it breaks through my soul and I know
I'll find deep inside me
I can be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's okay
It's okay
It's okay

Seasons are changing and waves are crashing and
Stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one