8

/tw : cursing/

It's been a five days since Enji told me about his family, at first this topic made him really uncomfortable to talk about, but he showed development. I'm trying to be helpful, but he'd done a lot of huge mistakes, I can't deny it. These won't be earesed so easily in his kids' hearts, so in their mom's. I was completely shocked when he told me a few details about the past, but as I promised, these conversations didn't affect the thing between us.

Despite I keep it a secret, I can't hide that I have a serious problem too and it's just getting worse. It's emotionally grinding at a high level, sometimes it affects my physical strength. The hardest part is that I'm not able to tell anyone, including my lover. When I undertook this mission, I wasn't thinking about myself, I wanted to be a brave, great hero. I can't give it back now, I have no choice, I need to go on with the investigation wether I'm okay or not.

I checked the time on my watch, it was perfect to begin my journey to the place where I'll carry out the day's work. I was ready to take off when I heard my phone ringing and saw his name on the screen "Endeavor san~" which made me known that it's his business number. I picked it up, maybe it's important, I can fly faster.

"Heya big guy, wassup?" I claimed my simple question, but my voice sounded a nervous, it was too hard to conceal it when I was from minutes to do the scary part.

"Keigo.. I need to talk to you about the League of Villians, my investigators found out something. Are you free this afternoon?" I couldn't tell if he noticed anything weird about me, his voice was just like always when it's about work. As I heard the name of that organization, my hands started to tremble.

"Ah so~ sorry, I have some hero stuff left so tomorrow?" I wanted to end this phome call as soon as possible, because I was terrified of what'll happen if I arrive late.

"It can't wait. Call me when you're done, we'll meet at yours" he declared, I felt like there was no opposition.

"Fine" I sighed stressfully, then checked the time. "I'm in a hurry now, so see you later Endeavor-san~" I had no time to wait for a response, I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. I took a deep breath slowly while closed my eyes, I was hoping it would help me to calm down eventually it did a bit.

My little journey wasn't so comforting like flying should be, my stomach made me feel sick, I had to hurry and almost got lost. When I walked into the abandoned building which was appointed for this meeting, I was a bit relieved because I was the first.

Last time when I came a few minutes later, I got some bad injuries, sometimes I still have nightmares of that ungracious experience.

While I was waiting, I tried to remain calm or at least seem like I was. I did the usual which meant to repeat a sentence in my head constantly.

Everything will be fine, he won't hurt you again.

It worked. My breathing lowered to the normal level, my hands stopped shaking, but not my soul, I was still frightened by everything which my be connected to him, even the sound of the wind made me flinch.

This is unhealthy but I can't back off.

His silhouette appeared when I turned my face to the entrance's direction, the trembling came again, but I had to fight it off, I needed to seem confident! All I could think about was that I arrived on time, I didn't do anything wrong, it'll be fine.

(...)

I had the feeling that he doesn't trust me fully, I'll have to work harder to gain it. I thought about asking him why is he careful this much, but I didn't know if it's a nice idea or not.

"Hey bird, are you listening to me?" I just nodded, he rolled his eyes then stepped closer.

"I was paying attention" I looked away, I couldn't bear those evil eyes.

"Don't you fucking dare to disrespect me!" his yelling made me shiver. "Look at me and tell me what I said"

I did as he asked, I turned my face to his direction, but no word was said by me.

"Sorry, I... can't remember it properly" my voice was quiet at this occasion which is pretty not common. I started to walk backwards as he was approaching me, but my wings met the wall.

"No way to run now hero" his grin was crazy, his eyes were even worse.

"Let's just finish this discussion, I'm tired"

He got furious, the next thing I could perceive was his hand on my neck, I was completely shocked and felt uncomfortable so much. The last time he walked near me, I got burnt.

"No you're not, just scared." I gulped and shook my head.

"D-dabi, let me go" I wanted to get out of this situation as soon as I can, he laughed at me.

"Why would I?" he grabbed me closer by my neck, breathing became hard and I felt his hand was getting hot, my skin hurted. I had to use my quirk against him, I couldn't avoid it which I had been doing so that they can grow to trust me enough to tell me information. Fortunately I was faster than the blue flames, I flew the quickest I could.

Why do they have to send this guy everytime? He creeps me out and doesn't care about fairness, he just wants to set me on fire and use me. I won't ever get any useful facts if I'm that bad.

(...)

My neck had a few scars due to the fire which comes from his hand. The skin was reddish but not that bad as the previous injury on my leg. After I took care of it and put on a turtleneck, I decided to finally call Enji as he'd asked me. Although I still wasn't fine at all, I knew I had to because he said it's something important.

"Hey Endeavor-san~ I'm home now, you can come" my voice was a lot less cheerful then it should have been.

"Hi, okay, on my way" through phone, I couldn't tell if he was really smiling or I was imagining it. I hung up after we said bye.

My mind was messy, I still felt pain on my neck, sometimes the hand too which made breathing almost impossible, I was trying to take that hand off while my tears were running down on my cheeks. That was when I had to take a pill. Running to the bathroom while failing to stop crying, I could barely stand in front of the mirror. I slowly took a deep breath.

I have to look normal and calm down before he arrives. I don't want to lie, neither to keep secrets from him, but I'm strictly not allowed to tell anyone about the League of Villians.

I wiped down my tears and washed my face with cold water. It took a few minutes to finally seem to be okay, then I heard knocking from the entrance's direction.

He's here.

hey !! i'm working on a really important chapter now and it takes a loot of time, so i hope i'll finish it in a few weeks or i won't have any more chapters to post :o i hope u liked this one !! <3