9

I knew he'll notice it while we speak, but I wouldn't thought that he can tell just by a look.

"Hi Keigo" his greeting instantly made me feel a bit better, as he looked at me, his expression changed. "Was work that tiring? Or something happened?" he walked towards me after closing the door. I didn't know what to do, so I just nodded once, then moved to the living room, feeling that he was coming after me.

How could he sense it? I suppose he saw my reddish eyes, I had been crying...

"Sorry for my appearance, bad day" I sat down on the couch after he did, keeping distance. I would have rather been alone, it's hard to act alright.

"What happened?" I assumed he wanted to help, but telling this won't make any difference.

"Nothing much.." I avoided eyecontact with him, so he let out a sigh.

"Keigo, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on" he sat closer to me, now I couldn't do any other, but turned my face to his direction, it would have been too weird if I hadn't.

"Just tell me what's the business news, I would like to sleep soon" It wasn't the case, but I didn't want to drag him into those secret missions what I'm not allowed to do anyways.

"Fine, but I stay with you" he stated clearly, I just nodded in acquiescence. "We made progress in the investigation. A robber was arrested yesterday and he claimed that he knows where the LOV's hideout is" that was the last thing I wanted to hear about. "Our team wants you to join us to interrogate the person"

I let out a sigh while stressfully ran my fingers through my messy hair.

"I already have a lot work to do..." I closed my eyes for a bit longer period of time.

"I know, as a hero you always have, you don't have to accept the offer, it depends on you" he was quiet after that, he let me think, but all what was on my minds was those terrifying flames, I wanted to clear my mind, no matter how.

"I'll answer tomorrow, now I want my bed" eventually I said this as I stood up, but he decided to stop me by pulling me on his lap.

"Keigo, I know something's up, you're never this cold" a worried tone hit my ears, I snuggled against his chest, and started crying, I couldn't keep moving with my act. Feeling those huge hands on my back as I was letting my tears fall down, I felt miserable.

I'm a hero but I'm weak. A villian keeps me in terror even in my own mind.

"It's gonna be fine, we'll figure it out" a whisper was said, I could barely hear it because of my own sounds. "You promised me to help with anything, and this is mutual" he was slowly rubbing my back, like he knew exactly what to do to make me feel better. I couldn't answer him because my whole body was trembling, my face was so close to his chest that he's shirt got wet from my teardrops. "You can always talk to me, okay? If you want to, tell me what happened" he wasn't intrusive or pushing too hard which I really did appriciate. 

After a few minutes I was ready to face him, so I raised my chin and looked at him, although my vision was blurry.

"I can't tell you" my voice was shaky and enervate, he leaned a bit down and kissed my ruddy cheeks. My mind was still an unpleasent place to be trapped in, but he sure made it easier to endure those unsavory thoughts.

"No problem, tell me when you feel like it" his thumb touched the surface of my face, then started drawing tiny circles. "Can I help somehow?"

"Mhm. Let's talk about something else" I suggested as my fingers were busy with playing with his red hair. "How's your fam?" I wasn't crying at all but in return guilt was spreaded in my whole chest, it was increasing.

"Better now maybe.. Natsuo's still angry with me I think... but that's understandalbe. He was really close with Touya" he was calmer than he'd been whenever I brought up this topic.

"And Shoto?" I really was curious, now I could leave my other feelings alone for a bit, and concentrate on the love I feel for this man.

"He lets me to teach him, that's a big progress" he carressed my sides with both of his hands as I was starring at his mesmerizing blue irises.

Damn man, I'm still so in love with him. I don't think it'll fade ever in my life, it's just getting stronger.

"I'm so proud of you" a small kiss on the lips while his palm touching me, then a sweet look.

After a few minutes of speaking, he looked at the piece of clothing I was wearing to cover the most I could.

"Aren't you hot?" he smoothed my hair while paying a lot attention to analize my expression.

"It's just fine, I was cold" I gave a simple explaination with a little lie, I felt instantly guilty for not telling the truth. Maybe he did notice it, maybe not, his face wasn't showing anything about it, just nodded.

"We should go to bed, you sure had a hard day and we're working tomorrow" so he decided to stay here, nice.

"So you're staying" I tried to conceal how scared I was from getting caught.

"If it's okay" when I gave my permission, he stood up holding me close, then went directly to my bedroom. I left a few delicate kisses on his cheek then down on his jawline.

Although I have to figure out how will I hide my injuries, I'm grateful that he stays overnight. The last time I got burned, the first night was critical alone, I was crying all until sunrise then drank a bunch of energy drinks. I hope I'll be able to sleep if he's with me. He knows I need him now, although I haven't said anything about that. He exactly knows that I'm not in the mood for our nowdays kinda common make-out thingy, he didn't even tried to kiss me that way our touch me like that. Simply taking care of me helped to release those bad feelings which was existing because of the terrifying blue flames and its "owner".

When we went to bed, I felt better. Only his presence made me relaxed, his tiny touches were the bonus. As my head was resting on his chest, I knew I won't have trouble with sleeping if he's here. 

hiii guys <3

sorry for not uploading last week, i had trouble with school :(
buut the next part is finally here, i hope you enjoyed reading it !
don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot aand helps me to know if you liked the chapter or not.