07| damage

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

Hudson left my room a few minutes after that moment of weakness. He was nice enough to take my empty plate with him, so I guess that's just additional points toward him. He still makes absolutely no sense to me though. I'd understand if his interest stopped when he was sober, but if anything it's more intense now. It's terrifying, as stupid as it sounds. Not that I think he's dangerous or anything, like I said, it's stupid.

Before I go back downstairs, I make sure to cover up all the scars on my face with one of the few remaining concealer tubes. Maybe he'll think he was imagining things if he doesn't see them. Yeah right. Wishful thinking.

The scene I'm met with when I get downstairs is surprising, but not surprising in the slightest. Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way, Damon's here for some reason. He waves at me and motions for me to join him on the couch and glance at the loveseat where Selene is cuddling up to Hudson. My stomach churns.

When Selene realizes I'm down here, she stares daggers at me before returning her gaze to Hudson. All Hudson does is stare at the wall, absentmindedly pushing strands of hair from his face. Damon looks at me, obviously confused but I shrug.

"How about we play a game?" Damon asks.

This seems to catch Hudson's attention. "Like?"

"I have a Switch, we could play Mario Kart," I suggest.

"Oh, I don't really want to, what do you think, Hudson?" Selene stares up at him, batting her eyelashes. I want to vomit.

"Sounds like fun, I'm in!" Selene's face falls at Hudson's response, and her eyes dart toward me. If looks could kill, I'd have died a thousand times over.

I don't understand why she's acting like this, but she is. For now, I turn on the Switch and pass out the controller. Hudson unintentionally, I think, makes the situation so much worse when he gets up and sits down beside me on the couch. I don't have to look at Selene to know that she's enraged. Great. This is really fucking great.

Hudson shoots Damon and I a wicked grin. "I hope you know you're about to eat my dust."

"Is that a threat?" Damon's eyes gleam with excitement.

"Nah, little brother. It's a promise."

"Both of you stop. If anyone's losing it's you two," I chime in, suddenly feeling a lot much playful.

Selene groans, drawing all of our attention to her. "Can we just start already?"

Look at who's being a buzzkill now, I guess.

. . .

Much to my disappointment, it turns out Hudson is really good at Mario Kart. He won every single round. Talk about an ego boost, if his head gets any bigger, he won't be able to get out of the house.