19: FUCK THE BAR-MAID

☆彡:・;.*:・。

TWO HOURS INTO HER SHIFT, Kylie was finally accompanied by Kev at the bar.
She never really minded working on her own at the bar- when she was younger it was annoying because she was a young, grumpy teenager who didn't give a fuck as to when people spoke to her and what they had to say, but now she was older she seemed to respect her elders more. She was interested in hearing incomparable stories from the locals, especially her favorite two, Tommy and Kermit.

She learned to love the bar, and the faces in it- and they loved hers even more. Kylie was a favorite barmaid- she was a breath of fresh air from the other 3 who were either too stupid, too mean, or too heedless.
Yeah, she didn't let grown men get away with treating her like a piece of meat, but she didn't mind being poked fun of. She was used to old men asking her to show them her own ID when she requested theirs.

Like I get it, Bobby, I'm 17.
I'm underage and serving you your drink, give me your money.

However, working with Kev made all the difference. If we're being honest, Kylie claimed that working with Kev was what grew their bond so tight. The hours flew by when the two joked about behind the counter, playing mini-games of who they think is going to pass out first in the bar or mocking V when she isn't keeping an eye on them. It was at times like those when Kev got scared at how similar Kylie was to him- V scolded him for trying to morph her into him.

However, Kylie always kept a single AirPod in her ear, just in case she had to tone out his voice when Kev started talking bullshit.

"Dude's a fuckin' idiot like how am I supposed to know, that's the whole reason I'm calling you," Kev said, drying the rim to a glass with a rag.
Kylie stood opposite mirroring her actions with a towel too, nodding along to his ranting, "I know, they suck. It takes like 5 business days to get through to them." She nodded understandably.
"It does! It sucks ass."
"It does, it does. I know."

The harmonizing voices in Bound 2 started to fade into Kylie's ear as the bar door opened, squeaking as a figure held open the door for their companion to walk in.
And like slow motion, she watched Carl tread on in with Kassidi, and even slower did she roll her eyes at the sight of them.

Kassidi was too indulged in a phone call with somebody, yapping loudly through the speaker to get her point across about getting an enlarged photo.
Kylie was glad she hadn't spotted her because she knew it'd 'cause something ugly. She turned her face as the blonde passed by, hoping she didn't need to bottle anybody this early in the day.

She and Kev met each other's eyes as Carl dragged himself over, seeming burnt out as the father-daughter duo looked down at him with pity. Carl took a seat as Kev tended to him whilst Kylie let her eyes scan the blonde psycho sitting in the room, dressed in a skimpy skirt and black top.

"Can I get two cokes?" Carl asked.
"We don't sell drugs here," Kylie said so naturally and cheery.
"– and some woman advice?" He asked, ignoring her not-so-funny comment.

Kev seemed delighted to see he was looking for some advice, meanwhile, Kylie had dropped her cheery mood and fetched him his drinks. "Ah-ah! Lay it on me," Kev said lowly, coming to stand in front of the boy.

Kylie fought another eye roll as she placed two cups in front of him. She scooped some ice into her hands and dropped it into the glass before grabbing two bottles of coke from the mini-fridge underneath the bar. Having not found a bottle-opener, she placed one lid at an angle at her teeth and tore it off better than any bottle-opener could. She smirked and grabbed the other bottle to do the same as Carl began to lay it all on Kev.