07: VOLLEYBALL GAME

☆彡:・;.*:・。

"ALRIGHT GIRLS! GATHER ROUND! Gather round! I need to give you some sappy, suck-up pep talk before we get out there!" The Coach yelled, clapping her hands until the group of girls all circled her in a wonky shape."Okay, so, as you know-"

"Coach, can't we just skip this part? Everything you say is a complete load of shit— half the time." A girl named Ellie spoke up on behalf of the group and placed her hands on her hips. "We know you don't want to do this either. Just let us go play."

Even Kylie agreed with her words—Coach did speak a load of shit.

Coach Dickson stared at her for a couple of seconds before nodding in acceptance, "yeah, you're right. Let's beat these fuckers— and my ex!" She cheered, leading the way to the sports hall.

Kylie topped up on more deodorant and fixed her ponytail for the thousandth time today.
When she stood at the mirror, someone appeared from behind and tapped her shoulder.

Kylie turned around to see Dom standing behind her.

"Hey—"
"What do you want?" She murmured, pestering her hand from her shoulder.

"Look. We're still a team—"
"The hell we are." Kylie spat, holding her hair type between her teeth as she pulled her hair back. "If I don't knock you out during this game, I'm certainly doing it after," she stated, meaning every word.

Dom was lucky she was still a bit jumbled up from the news yesterday, otherwise, she would have followed through with her plan and jumped her ass. She didn't like her and she sure as well wasn't starting now.
She still couldn't believe the audacity of her to try and get Carl to give her a second chance.

Oh, Carl, she thought, pulling her hair back.
She couldn't believe he was leaving for military school- he was going to be a different man.
She was torn after he had told her his little announcement- causing her to run on home with a feeling of sadness and anger in the pit of her stomach. On one hand, she wanted to be happy for him- it was a big deal! Military school would change him for the better. If it was what he felt would make him do good and be proud of himself, then she encouraged him to go; follow his dreams.
But on the other hand— she'd hated how he'd kept it a secret from her.
Why didn't he tell her sooner? Why was he iffy on telling her? And why would he say I love you right before he was going to leave?

Carl was leaving tomorrow, and Kylie still didn't know how to deal with that situation.

She didn't know if to address it or act like nothing happened- like he was doing.
The more she thought about it, the more she found herself over-analyzing everything and taking her thoughts and feelings into deep consideration.

She fucking loved that kid.
She loved him whether her feelings were romantically invested into it or not but she cared deeply about the boy and would willingly put her life on the line for him.
She adored him. He deserved better than what Southside and his family offered him and she wished him the best.
Whether that was love or not, it was the way she felt.

Kylie could feel her eyes hardening as baby tears sat on her waterline and she quickly fanned them away with her hands, drying them out.

"Are you oka—"

"Yes, I'm fucking fine!" She snapped at the girl behind her, knocking shoulders with her as she passed her to run to the main hall with the rest of the team "God, get off my back."

She didn't know if she was overreacting or not— she knew Carl wasn't going to be gone forever, but she knew he was gonna be gone for quite some time.
It's not like he was getting deployed somewhere, she'd tried to comfort herself.