05: THE L BOMB

☆彡:・;.*:・。

"YOU SIGNED MY ADOPTION PAPERS?!"

Another mug smashes to the floor.
"No!" Kev panicked, "well—yes! Kind of– it was Svetlana who did it! But it's all for a good cause— you'll get into a good college and everything because of it!"

"I don't want to go to college! What the hell is your problem?!" Kylie argued back from the top of the stairs. "You know how I am with those things!"

Kylie was upset. Her adoption papers were the only thing she felt like she had a personal connection to that nobody could take from her. It was something she called on her own accord and chose when and who she wanted to sign. She hated being the foster kid– she wanted to be normal and fit in with everybody else and be part of the nuclear family category. Making a deal out of signing papers and asking for permission just drew more attention to the circumstances and she hated it.

Kylie loved Kev and V with all her heart- whether she knew it herself or not- but right now at this young and stubborn, thinking-i'm-always-right phase, she thought she'd feel too vulnerable and awkward to ask them to sign the permission slips. She would know when the time was right and it was safe to say to them and pass them a pen.

OR AT LEAST THAT HAD BEEN THE ORIGINAL PLAN.

She just didn't like getting vulnerable and emotionally invested around people– for one, she'd had it in her head that the people who were supposed to love her more than anything in the whole world- had given her up.
Then she started school- and nine times out of ten when she'd befriend and fell for people in school- platonically or not- they turned their back on her and viewed her as a social reject for the type of person she was growing into.

She just didn't suit their standards and fall into their nice-girl, boy-crazy category.
Boys only brought problems and why should she be nice to the two-faced bitches in school?

"Is this a joke to you?! So not only have you gone behind my back and signed them but you had Svetlana sign them?! What the fuck is wrong with you!" She raged, stomping down the stairs.

Veronica grabbed onto her arm, "Look Kylie, I know those adoption papers mean a lot more to you than they do to me— you know I've wanted to go behind your back and sign them plenty of times but I didn't. Because you know I know how big a deal they are to you, so you have to believe me when I say this was all for your benefit! I wouldn't do this to you out of spite or to make you mad! I had to do this for our family, Ky." She affirmed, placing her hands on both sides of her arms. "And I'm sorry, but this is just for the meantime. After everything is fixed, you can act like none of this happened and go back to keeping the papers—"

"Veronica! This isn't fair—–"
"Kylie baby, I feel shit! I know! And In sorry but some of these things have to be done!" She claimed, her face falling guilty. "How do you think I feel?! Kev isn't even Amy and Jemma's legal dad anymore, how you think he feels about that!" She added, "I promise you, we will fix everything, Just. . . PRETEND! Pretend, okay? Pretend for me" She belittled her issue while acting like the girl was 5 years old.

Kylie remained annoyed. "I don't even want to go to college, why the hell was I brought into it? I'm not your kid," she expressed, just speaking the truth. She was confused as to how she was involved if she technically wasn't their real daughter. Surely, they could have left her out of the situation.