9 || Difficult

A day passed, maybe. Maybe it was only half of a day. Maybe it was only a few hours. Maybe it was weeks. Tubbo really couldn't tell. No clocks were in the cells, and the often silent hall was driving him mad.

     Tubbo was hungry, that much he did know. His stomach said it was past time for food, and he believed it.

     Ranboo looked up at him from the cell diagonal to him. Tommy had been oddly silent for him, but considering the frightening situation, it was fair enough.

     Aizawa had rushed Dream back in and hadn't come back yet. When asked about the interrogation, Dream said that he told the man everything he knew, one second he was playing on the server, the next, he was in a cell. He said that Aizawa told him his story correlated with the rest and he was brought back.

     His interrogation had been long in comparison with the others', but they brushed it off. It likely had something to do with the ominous mask.

     Techno rarely spoke, and Tubbo often forgot he was with them. Skeppy asked as many questions as he could think of before running out of things to fill the silence with.

     Ranboo constantly looked like he was off in his mind, trying to piece together a mental puzzle.

     Bad occasionally mumbled a 'language'. He'd comforted Skeppy when he came back from his interrogation- at least, Tubbo heard. He was asleep at that point. 

     "Hey, Tubbo." Ranboo called softly. Tubbo moved closer on impulse at his quiet voice to hear him better, but the jingle of cold metal against his lightly bruised wrists held him away.

     He kept forgetting about that.

     "Everyone here was on the S.M.P. before we blacked out, right?" He asked, a little louder. There was quiet 'mhm's and 'yeah's. 

     Tubbo nodded. Ranboo shifted back against his handcuffs, "Was there anybody on the server at the time that isn't here?"

     There was a moment of silence before Tommy sighed, "Er- Jack, I think." He said, "Yeah, he was part of the lore stream. I went to talk to him in the hotel."

     Tubbo shook his head, but remembered Tommy couldn't see him. Clearing his throat, and ignoring the dry ache, he spoke up, "I thought Jack logged out right before we passed out."

     "Yeah, he logged out right before, didn't he? Maybe he relogged, though."

     Tubbo sat back, letting the handcuffs fall loosely atop his hands. If only they were just slightly bigger, he'd be able to get out, "So everyone here was online? And nobody we know for sure that was on the server isn't? Maybe whatever happened had something to do with the S.M.P.?"

     Chains rattled from Tommy's cell, "I thought the kids from before were obsessive fans at first." Tommy let out a dry laugh.

     Tubbo shook his head, "I wish, at least then we'd be near home and they'd bother to feed us."

     Right on que, a stomach growled from a cell.

     "Sorry, sorry-" Tommy said, "But you can't blame me, a big man's got'to eat! I've got to feed my muscles." You could hear the amused smile in his voice.

     There was a bit of silence for a moment, before Tubbo started giggling. Ranboo followed, and soon all three of them were laughing.

     Tubbo was glad that, for a moment, they could forget about the bars separating them and laugh, because if they didn't laugh, Tubbo was sure he would've cried.

     Tommy was glad they started joking around again. There was tension in the room, but they didn't acknowledge it. They just wanted to laugh, at least, Tommy did. It got their mind off of... Everything else.

     Ranboo was in the middle of telling them about his idea for an A.R.G.- again, nobody brought up that they weren't sure if they'd ever get back home to fulfil such an idea- when a creak from the glass door shut him up.

     Tommy leaned foreword as much as he could to see who cam in. Four sets of footsteps came closer, until they were within Tommy's line of sight.

     "Tommy? Who is it?" Ranboo asked softly.

     In front of Tommy were three familiar faces, and a new one. There was Aizawa, Kaminari, Midoriya. and a man with jet black hair and a tired, soft smile in a police uniform covered partially by a well-worn jacket. All of them carried two trays, save for the stranger, who only carried one.

     "It's two of the students, Aizawa and someone else." He told them after staring them down carefully, "And I think they brought food." He added on, knowing it may give the others some relief.

     "Oh, thank Philza." Ranboo said, laughing a bit.

     The stranger smiled a bit more as he met Tommy's eyes, "Hello, Tommy?" He said his name questioningly, making sure he got the right name.

     Tommy nodded, and the man turned to stand in the mix of Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo's vision. Gesturing to them broadly, he spoke again, "I'm detective Tsukauchi Naomasa, and I'm here to make sure none of you lied in your initial interrogations. Now, do not lie. I will know, it's my quirk."

     He was obviously being polite out of necessity, but Tommy found the change nice, especially after Aizawa.

     Tommy watched them open his cell, the grinding of metal being pulled out of the floor loud in his ears. Aizawa stepped in, and Tommy looked past him at the detective again, catching his eyes.

     "Detective. Your Name is a mouthful."

Short chapter again, i know, this time its school, not minecraft :( have a big project due next week lol.