11 || Learn About Yourself And Weep

Aizawa shuffled through boring paperwork. He’d spent the majority of his weekend- his much needed break off of work- interrogating and calling into the hero commission. He thought it bad enough, but then Dream brought up the Yoshino case from when Aizawa was a newer hero, and the hero commission flipped out.

     Developments in the case happened once in a blue moon, but Dream seemed to mention parts of the case even Aizawa hardly knew about. 

     Staring at the file, Aizawa’s tired eyes drifted down to a picture of a woman standing next to a rather tall man. Beside the obviously romantic couple- two of the Yoshinos-  were the blacked out faces of three unidentified people. 

     Maybe this case would’ve been less of a headache if Dream had never opened his mouth.

     Skeppy was terrified, honestly. He was small in comparison to everyone else, which was no one’s fault but whoever came up with the idea that his character was tiny. 

     He’d only hated it more when he found out Bad was ten feet tall.

     His hours spent awake were usually filled with bothering Dream, who was remarkably calm considering. He talked with Bad across cells when everyone else was asleep, and made awkward small talk with Ranboo when Bad drifted off and Ranboo woke up.

     Ranboo was also tall.

    So was Dream, and so was Tommy, and he assumed Techno, too.

     His only ally was Tubbo, who was only tall in comparison to him.

     A shuffling emitted from somewhere down the line of cells. A groan, obviously Bad, reached Skeppy and he perked up a bit. He hadn’t been able to sleep much, so his best friend waking up might keep him distracted.

     Then, another person groaned.

     And then another.

     Great, the gang’s all here.

     “Ugh, who’s all awake?” Tubbo asked and his handcuffs rattled around a metal pole. Everyone did a sort of role-call, and Skeppy found that everyone was awake. Even Techno gave a small grunt of acknowledgement.

     “Dream’s awake, too.” Skeppy notified. Dream hadn’t said anything, but he was obviously wide awake across from Skeppy. He just put it down to silence being how Dream handled stress, and he couldn’t judge.

     Skeppy, personally, hadn’t slept willingly since he got there.

     A voice, not one of the streamers, spoke up from the far end of the hallway, “Good. Good, you’re all awake.”

     It was gruff and tired, and Skeppy barely recognized it as the man who came in with the detective. Aizawa, if he remembered correctly. 

     Skeppy wondered how long he’d been there, and why he hadn’t heard the door open. Maybe he was going deaf. 

     Looking down, Skeppy noticed the blue flakes across his skin shimmer in the artificial light from the hallway. Leaning closer, he was about to figure out what it was when AIzawa spoke again and caught his attention. Skeppy totally forgot about the odd shimmer throughout his skin.

     “You all have shown no signs of hostility, and so we’ve decided to give you some freedom.” There was a buzz of excited whispers between Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo and Bad. Skeppy wished he could hear them from his cell.

     “Really? For real? Like really?” He asked, reaching out his free hand that was still unrestricted toward the bars, reaching just two feet short of them.

     Aizawa sighed, “Yes, but not without restriction.” Tommy groaned in annoyance. Aizawa ignored him, “You will have trackers on you at all times, you’ll be staying under the watch of pro heroes and heroes in training and you’ll be monitored by cameras. Any kind of suspicious activity and the authorities will be notified and you will come back here.”

     There was a pause, and Tubbo giggled, “Well that camera one isn’t new.” 

     Skeppy snickered and the rest laughed too, for a second, until they collectively remembered that, hey, they’re still handcuffed and nowhere near home. 

     “Well, you’ll be released later today when more pro heroes are here just in case. In the meantime,” There was a shuffling of papers from where Skeppy assumed Aizawa was, “You’re going to need a cover story to tell people and the students while you stay here.”

     “Time to learn up on your own life stories.”