Chapter nine

The costume room at the hotel was always my favourite place. Even when I was younger. It wasn't uncommon for my family to find me hiding between the racks after me and Zeke had a fight- which was often.

The smell of different perfumes, hair products and other chemicals fills my nose and it is somewhat reassuring. Or at least it had until the female workers started filtering in and out this morning.

I had snuck in early this morning- nearly 3am- and had immediately passed out after hiding away so Zeke or Naz wouldn't find me if they checked. I had planned on having a quick nap before slipping out and going to apologise to Aerin whilst the men would be in their weekly meeting but for some reason today my body decided to have a lie in.

"Did you hear?".

"Hear what?".

"You know the intense, Italian psycho that was saying with the Daghers?"

"Alexandria?"

"No the cousin, stupid, Alex was a sweetheart with a heart of gold. Shame about her drinking problem though".

"Oh yeah. I always get the two of them mixed up. What about the cousin?"

"I don't know how they look nothing alike... but anyway, Julian saw her running out the Dagher's house and Zeke chasing after her. Julian said she looked like she was going to cry".

I scowl at the over exaggeration. I most definitely was not about to cry. I might have been upset but not enough to fucking cry!

"Shit. I didn't even know that girl could cry. Whenever I have been on shift with her she's like an emotionless robot".

"Do you think her and the boss were getting it on and he broke up with her or something? I wouldn't be surprised. He is a bit of a whore. I mean I understand why, Zeke is so fucking hot, why shouldn't he enjoy it? I have preference towards women but I would still let him break my back"

The other girl hummed in response and that was it. The conversation -that never really should have happened at all- was over thankfully. They quickly move on to the women's most recent conquests before circling back to how they both wish Zeke would fuck them at least once.

I roll my eyes in utter disgust whilst the girls continue swooning over Zeke and feel a small kick of -what I hope- agreement in my uterus.

Eventually the girls leave and the room is empty again. I wait in silence for a few minutes, making sure it was safe for me to make my escape, before emerging from my hiding spot.

Quickly, I wrap a spare black scarf around the top of my head and pull it up over half my face so no one can identify me. I add a black hoodie that Alexandria used to keep hidden for when she was walking back to our room before deeming myself ready to go.

I peek out of the door before slipping out of the wardrobe room. There are multiple security cameras all over the resort and soon the security guards will notice a unidentifiable stranger sneaking around. They will send someone out to grab me and take me back for questioning so I need to get out as soon as I can.

As casually as I can- in order to prevent any suspicion- I briskly walk down the winding passageways that lead to the employees exit and car park. One more hallway to go and then I am free to go see Aerin without having to worry too much about being caught as it is much easier to sneak around outside if you know the layout as well as I do.

I manage to physically touch the green, fire door before a burly man shouts at me to stop what I was doing and to put my hands up.