ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬ sᴄᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs

Isabella had remained asleep during the whole journey, exhausted from their day in the smoky mountains

Isabella had remained asleep during the whole journey, exhausted from their day in the smoky mountains. However, when she awakened, her surprise quickly turned into excitement when she realized they were in Chicago. Something about Chicago had always fascinated her.

When they arrived, Isabella sat up in her position in the backseat she had been lying across before sitting up straight, arching her back. As soon as she grabbed her backpack, Isabella had been the first one to hop out of the car, followed by Klaus and Stefan once the engine was off.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus announced with a smirk, sauntering over to a door and opening it. He turned to Isabella behind him, raising a brow. "Have you ever been to the Windy City, love?"

"No," Isabella breathed out, shaking her head as she gazed at the view of the city in awe. No one would be able to deny how stunning the city was, the bright lights shining up the darkness of the sky with a beautiful glow. Isabella marveled over the fact of how futuristic the city seemed, and it's why she felt so called to it.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questioned Klaus as he glanced around in confusion.

"I know how much you loved it here," the hybrid mused, his smirk growing as he locked eyes with Stefan. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days."

"Blacked out most of them," Stefan admitted, his hands resting on his hips. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

Klaus smirked. "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend."

Isabella tuned Klaus out, her eyes darting around the surroundings. Her eyes take in the skyline, different sizes and heights of buildings outlining the city. She could tell the city was alive from the lights illuminating it with a hypnotic gleam. Isabella wanted to appreciate this moment, to stop and look around her. She was thankful for all she had, and where she was, because this time next year, nothing will be the same.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus spoke up, snapping Isabella out of her trance.

"It still is," Isabella beamed, pulling her camera out of her backpack before starting to snap a few photos. Isabella took pictures of everything after her mother gave Isabella her camera, and it was at this moment the tiny human started to wonder.

They say your twenties are the best years of your life. The years of dreams, the years of youth, and the years of growth. It was the time to be 'selfish', a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. To be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of yourself. This is exactly what Isabella wanted, she wanted to love her life. To take pictures of everything, to travel and explore, fall in love, tell people she loved them. She wanted to do things she was scared to do, to take her life and make it the best story in the world. Since Isabella was now twenty, she didn't want to waste it.