ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ↬ sᴏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

᪥᪥᪥᪥

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Have you ever had to get through a day, smiling at people, talking as if everything were normal and okay, while all the time you felt like you were carrying a leaden weight of unhappiness inside you? Well, Isabella has, and right now, she was a mixture of extremely optimistic and extremely depressed. She was trying to figure it out, all these feelings, emotions, words, and thoughts, and what they all meant. Everything she felt these past two months is a contradiction of itself, and she didn't understand any of it.

Isabella had learned a lot this year. She had learned a lot about pain and suffering, but also about joy and happiness. She had learned sometimes even those seemingly contradictory feelings can coexist, and she had felt a lot. Sometimes all at once, sometimes nothing at all, and sometimes she had felt all at once and nothing at all, simultaneously. She had learned about good and bad, but also the void which exists in between. This time, last year, everything was so different. Time changes us, as it does everything, even in a year or only two months.

A ton of things have happened this year, and Isabella has had to bear more than she ever thought she would. There is no turning back to yesterday or to last month, or to last year...no matter how much you wish you could go back and live there again or how much you wish you could change what happened, you just can't go back...you have to keep moving forward. You have to summon all of your inner strength to let go of who you were then and use all of your courage and faith to focus on who you want to be now—who you want to be tomorrow. It might take everything you have to let go of yesterday, but once you do, you can start finding peace today. This was advice Isabella was working on for herself, and advice she would intend on giving someone else who needed it.

In the small town of Memphis, Tennessee, a young woman steps out of the house, yelling for her dog. "Rudy!" She brought her thumb and index finger up to her mouth, whistling loudly. "Rudy! Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you," she stated, bending down to pick up a dog toy from the grass. As she stood up, Klaus and Isabella appeared behind her. The woman jumped, a small gasp emitting from her as she caught sight of Klaus and Isabella standing there with friendly smiles.

"I'm so sorry, we didn't mean to scare you," Klaus apologized in a faux American accent. Lies. Isabella had to refrain from wincing at the cringe worthy accent Klaus attempted.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked, glaring at Klaus with a look of skepticism on her face.

"Yeah," Isabella spoke up. "Our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back," Isabella explained. "It feels like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we've come to, so we were just hoping we could use your phone," Isabella stated in a dulcet voice.

"Don't either of you have a cell phone?" The woman questioned as she eyed them warily, not trusting either of them—well, at least not Klaus, anyway. She had every right not to.