sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪᴅᴇ

・*・

・*・.。☾。.・*・

Wasn't it insane how much could happen in just one day? Everything was different four months ago, and it all managed to change once again after one whole day of being back in Mystic Falls. It was incredible how time both did and didn't fly in Mystic Falls as much as it was terrifying when one wasn't attempting to complete a somewhat villainous plan to eliminate someone else just to stop Klaus.

Over the span of twenty four hours, Elena got her wish of having Stefan back—only he was a total douche now since Klaus had compelled him to turn his humanity off and follow his orders on watching over Elena. Rebekah had enrolled in high school and also decided to move into the Salvatore mansion whether the boys liked it or not, since sure, why not? Along with this, Tyler had been sired. He felt loyalty to Klaus since he took his pain away from the full moon and would want to be accepted by his master. It was rare in vampires—apparently not in hybrids, though, which made sense since wolves had the pack mentality.

Before the bonfire, Elena and Co revealed their plan for Operation: Catch Stefan. Elena would lure Stefan from the bonfire, Alaric would shoot him with tranquilizer darts laced with vervain, Damon would distract the blonde original with his considerable charm, and Caroline would prepare the old Forbes cellar where she was practically held hostage by her dad. Knowing all of this, it seemed as though it wouldn't have mattered so much if Vicki's scheme to eliminate Elena had succeeded—she probably would have been resurrected before long anyway.

Vicki had told Matt there may be a way for him to help bring her back, and he agreed to do what he could. Vicki had apparently worked with a witch on her side of the veil, making a deal with her; Vicki couldn't stay in the real world unless she helped restore the balance. The only way to do this, apparently, was by killing Elena so Klaus couldn't make any more hybrids with her blood.

Before the day had started for the public, Isabella was already standing in her kitchen, fully dressed and waiting for her coffee to be brewed. Although the only thing remaining constant this summer for Isabella without fail was waking up early from her nightmares, she had grown accustomed to going with the flow of things to the point where she felt like she forgot who she was. Even if she might have been back for only two days, it became a race against time trying to steer things back on course.

It didn't feel too super falling off track spending time on vacation for five months—if you wanted to call a whole summer searching for werewolves with a hybrid and a vampire off the rails watching a horrific transition unfold a "vacation". It was so easy to feel disappointed, frustrated, and as if it was no use in trying to get back into the swing of things. Isabella could get so distracted it was difficult to remember what happened yesterday and how she felt, what she saw or heard where it wasn't long before she wouldn't feel like herself.