ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ↬ ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ

᪥᪥᪥᪥

The next morning, Isabella woke up feeling oddly peaceful. Sure, anyone else would probably still be shaken up from being kidnapped, yet Isabella wasn't. She was still going to move on with her life, she wasn't going to tuck herself in bed and hide away from the world. She had no day of work, she could do anything she wanted, she could be spontaneous.

As Isabella made her way downstairs with her bag, just after she got herself ready for the day, a knock on the door echoed through the house, causing Isabella to frown. She opened the door to reveal someone who she never thought would be standing there. The bubbling feeling in her stomach returned.

"Oh, well this is a surprise," Isabella states playfully, more to herself as she was thinking out loud. "Hello," she greeted cordially.

"Hello, there," Elijah greeted with a ghost of a smile, in awe of the girl standing in front of him with a soft smile on her face. All he found in her eyes were a hint of playfulness and gentleness, finding no trace of fear or nervousness. It amazed him how she could stand there so calm and brave without feeling threatened as if her life wasn't in danger the previous day.

"So, what can I do for you?" Isabella asked in a warm, friendly tone.

Elijah adjusted the sleeves on his suit jacket. "Forgive the intrusion, I mean you no harm. Although, I think it's time you and I had a little chat."

Isabella nodded. "Come in." Isabella stood to the side, opening the door wide enough for the Original to enter. Elijah nodded in thanks as he stepped through the invisible barrier and inside the house, his eyes scanning the place as Isabella closed the door. Elijah followed her as she led him into the kitchen, sitting down at the island when she motions for him to take a seat.

"You don't seem quite surprised or...fazed by the fact I'm sitting here in your kitchen. Though you do seem quite...affable for someone whose life was in danger the previous day."

Isabella places a hand over her heart, smiling wide. "Are you trying to read me?" She asked him teasingly, causing him to chuckle.

Isabella turns serious, but keeps a slight smile. "Well, should I not be? Would you rather have me fear you, just because you're an Original? Because let's face it, you're still a person. I know you mean no harm by the honesty and seriousness you carry in your voice, so it means I can trust you. I'm not really in danger because if I was a threat to you, I already would've been dead. Yes, I was taken, but it was nothing because I'm still here, and all I can do is move forward with my life. I have way more important things to worry about over being kidnapped for a day."

Elijah just stared at her in awe, noticing the way she gestures her hands gradually while she speaks her own mind. She told the honest truth with a soft but strong voice, finding no trace of fright in her eyes like he would expect from someone else. He had to give her credit, as no one probably, especially a human, could speak up to an Original so casually and calmly without fear.

"You know, to answer your question on how I'm not surprised you're here, and I know you don't just mean at my house, I had a feeling you were not dead. Even though Damon killed you, it would have to take something a little more complicated to kill you, not just a coat rack."

"Quite the smart girl," Elijah smirked.

Isabella blushed and nodded. "Yes, I'm dangerously intelligent, I know," she gloats jokingly.