ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ ↬ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ

・*・

・*・.。☾。.・*・

Have you ever shed a tear or even had a panic attack while being reminded of a terrible event which happened in your past? Despite the rough passage of time, these emotions still managed to reach you—even though it had been years—and painfully suppressed rage brutally bubbled to the surface. Pain was pain, period, and there was no such thing as unnecessary pain considering the hurt still existed. So, you began to cry and have a meltdown as the presence of pain became quite normal; lessons could be learned from suffering.

Isabella had a glass heart from being able to feel everything so deeply and differently from most people, which was something perceived as a weakness for being too sensitive. In reality, it meant Isabella was in tune with her emotions and knew she wasn't weak for crying over built up emotions she had been holding in as she pretended to be full of joy. Her feelings of missing someone came in waves, and this morning it felt like a tsunami.

Although she had no idea how much she had cried last night, Isabella knew she didn't cry only for her father—she cried over everything which happened in her life. Isabella cried for everything from the bullies in school who had tormented her and criticized her to crying for Nathan who had cheated on her and ruined her heart along with her mind with his cruel words. She even grieved for the sharp objects being so tempting from the dark images in her mind the devil planted in there to make Isabella enact them upon her body.

There came a point during the night when the tears eventually stopped coming out of her eyes, prompting Isabella to just stare blankly into space while feeling her heart shatter into pieces. It left her feeling so emotionally drained, even simply sleeping didn't do anything for her—she woke up still exhausted, and it didn't fade away. Isabella knew she still had to wake up and tackle her day even if she was in pain from being devastated by the loss of her father for the second time.

When the day was brand new, the sunlight had slinked above the horizon and everyone had awakened from their slumber just as shaken as Isabella was. She appreciated the freshness of the day and savored the originality of what it signified; how today was a new chance and an opportunity to do something. When life became too much for her to handle, she had to remind herself to stay optimistic, persevere, and resist the urge to be such a crybaby. She felt even worse the more she tried to project a false sense of optimism, causing her to put the responsibility of blame on herself for not feeling better which created a chain reaction of negative emotions.

Since Isabella had been mentioned in a topic of conversation at the witch house yesterday, she realized she was in deep waters when she was invited to accompany Elena, Alaric, and Damon by the doppelgänger herself. When Elena had asked her if she had seen any ghosts the day before, Isabella lied despite the fact she usually felt terrible about lying. She was aware Elena would constantly question her, yet she didn't feel strong enough to respond as she also wasn't in the mood to discuss it.