ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ↬ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Isabella woke up with a groan, her head pounding in excruciating pain. Her lashes fluttered open, and she winced at the harsh sunlight shining through her room, causing her to blink rapidly. After a moment of lying in bed, she sat on the edge of her bed when she began to slowly rise up. She was drained from the pain and exhaustion, so it took her a bit to sit up. Thinking she had enough strength, she willed herself to stand up, quickly failing as she felt herself needing to sit back down.

Isabella sighed deeply as her eyes landed on the sight of dried blood staining her pillow. She stood up once again, clinging to the wall for a moment in order not to lose her balance from the dizziness waving over her. As soon as it passed, she slowly padded into the bathroom and made her way over to the sink. The color drained out of her face the second she caught her reflection in the mirror.

Fresh, warm crimson blood along with dried blood smeared her face as well as her pajama top. Her cheeks were wet from freshly produced tears, mixing with both the new and old blood. Dark circles appeared under her red, swollen eyes, and she was pale. Isabella opened the cabinet placed with rags and towels, grabbing one of each. After she washed her face and brushed her teeth, Isabella spent forty five minutes in the shower, letting the blazing water flow over her hair and down her body in gentle streams.

Isabella stepped out and wrapped a towel around her glowing body. When she fully dried herself off, she pulled on her silk robe and made her way out of the steamy bathroom back into her room. Isabella got ready in a languid manner, changing into a fresh pair of underwear and the outfit she had laid out on the bed before heading over to her vanity. She applied her makeup, focusing on covering up the dark circles underneath her tired hazelnut eyes.

Isabella started to take everything off of her bed and remove the pillowcases, throwing the bloody bedding onto the floor. She gathered the laundry and carried them into the laundry room before entering the room with fresh, clean bedding in her arms and starting to make her bed. She smoothed out the sheets free of wrinkles as well as the pillowcases, doing her task at a gradual pace.

Once she was finished with the bed, Isabella made her way downstairs into the kitchen with deliberate steps. She prepared her cappuccino, leaning against the island as she nursed the milky beverage. It didn't seem to matter how much coffee she drinks or how much she sleeps, everything seems to be exhausting Isabella...this wasn't something simply resolved by taking a nap if she was tired, no. It was as if her soul was tired.

Every time she closed her eyes to even try to get the smallest amount of sleep, she would see it happen all over again in her mind. Elijah being stabbed right through the heart repeatedly in an endless loop. She could vividly hear the sound of his pained screams as his body slowly turned grey with black veins crawling up his face. She could see his blank, dark eyes staring back up at her as she held him in her arms, tears falling onto the Original's cold cheeks. It was an unbearable, excruciating vision she wished she could have erased from her mind.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Isabella still hadn't forgiven the Salvatore brothers, Elena or Alaric for what happened. To say she was upset would be a complete understatement...she was livid. Usually, Isabella was a pretty forgiving person, she forgave people easily. Yet, after what they did, Isabella decided to avoid them as much as she possibly could. She didn't want to hear their apologies or their pathetic excuses of why they 'had to', dagger Elijah. Even though Elena had tried countless times to apologize to Isabella, the Rossi girl hadn't fully forgiven the Gilbert girl, none of them knew the full extent of how much Elijah means to her. Isabella knew she would overcome her stubbornness and forgive Elena eventually because they were friends, and Isabella wasn't petty enough to let something tragic happen to someone she loved because of her stubbornness.