~i think we're alone now

Aidan's pov

Aidan's pov

"We won, Mr. Stark," Peter said. "I'm sorry...Tony," Peter choked out through tears.

• • •

If I wake up like this one more time I'm gonna punch a wall. I sat up and looked to the right and Pietro was sitting there. "God P! what are you doing in here!" I said.

"You've woken up this exact time the past three nights since you told me about your nightmares, I set an alarm this time," He said. "I don't know whether or not to be scared," I said and grabbed the water I had off my nightstand.

"Oh I have news, I finally grew a pair as Tony says and asked out Jordyn," He said. "Oh I'm sorry," I said. "why?" he asked. "Well I assume she said no," I replied. "No she said yes," He said. "Oh, well I'm sorry for her," I said and he punched my arm making me laugh.

"Where ya gonna take her big shot?" I asked. "Not sure yet, somewhere cool," He said. "You say that and you'll probably end up having Wanda make her dinner," I said. "Shut up," He said and I laughed.

"What happened in the nightmare tonight?" he asked after a minute of silence. "Peter was in it this time," I said. "oh?" he said. "he was saying we won and apologizing saying I'm sorry Tony," I said sadly.

"You don't think this is some weird seeing the future shit do you?" he asked. "I don't know," I said. "Well, I can wait til you fall back asleep to leave, you're scary when you're grumpy," He said. "Shut up," I said and he laughed.

• • •

"You're training today Aidan," Dad said. "Oh come on," I said. "you said you wanted too last week and blew up on me so you actually have to today," He said. "Peter is gonna train with you too," Nat added. "Ok I'll train," I said.

"That didn't take much convincing," Steve said. "He's my friend," I shrugged. "Sure 'friend'," Bucky said. "Shut up," I said. "You wanna be more than friends," Wanda said. "I do not!" I said. "Oh come on besides any of us you've never been around a guy you so like Peter, you just don't know what it feels like," Pietro said.

"Who likes me?" "Aidan," Bucky said. "OHHH CRAP," Bucky said after. "Peter, when did you get here?" I asked embarrassed. "Just now," He said awkwardly. "Oh," I said. "Hey Buck," I said. "yeah Dani?" "I'm gonna KILL YOU!" I yelled and started chasing him around the house.

I finally jumped on his back and yelled a lot of words at him. "I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL YOU METAL ARMED IDIOT," I yelled and he finally got me off him. I fixed my hair and crossed my arms. "I'm sorry!" Buck said. "Buck she's a 16 year old girl what's she gonna do to you?" Steve asked laughing.

"she can control the elements!" Buck said. "Oh yeah thanks for reminding me," I said. "Oh no," He said. "I'm kidding," I said. "You go into battle all the time, and you're scared of your best friend who also happens to be 16," Steve said. Bucky just stared at him.

"We have to go down and train," Peter said awkwardly. "Right," I said and we got in the elevator. "Do you actually like me?" Peter asked boldly. "Uh, yes? no? I don't really know I've never really liked anyone before," I said with an awkward chuckle.

"It's ok, I kinda sorta like you a little bit too," He said. "Really?" I asked. "Really," He said. I blushed and we walked out of the elevator once it opened.

• • •

"Good job guys," Dad said. "Thanks," I said with a proud smile. "You are free to do whatever you would like for the rest of the night," He said. "Night?" I asked. "It's 7," He replied. "Holy," I replied. I got in the elevator as Peter said he needed to talk to my dad.

I showered and got sweats and a tank top on and put my hair into two braids. I walked out into the living room and Peter was talking to Morgan. "Hey Morg," I said and she ran over and hugged my leg. I picked her up and walked over to Peter.

"Are you guys dating?" Morgan asked. Me and Peter locked eyes. "Uh no Morg, we aren't," I said. "Oh, I like him," She said and I laughed. Me too Morgan, me too. "Morgan?!" I heard mom yell. "Are you supposed to be with mom?" I asked. "Maybe," She said.

"Go get her, I'll come read to you in a minute," I said. "Okay," she said and ran off. "She's cute," he said. "she is isn't she," I said and he laughed. "I wanted to ask you something," He said. "what might that be," I asked.

"I was wondering if you would go on a date with me?" He asked nervously. "I'll hangout with you, but I'm not that easy," I said and winked. "Oh what's that supposed to mean?" He called as I was turning the corner to go to Morgan's room.

"It means Peter, that I'm not gonna say yes right away, I'm not that easy to crack, now come help me read to Morgan," I said and he laughed and followed me to her room. "Hey mom, I can read to her tonight," I said.

"Oh thank you, I am exhausted," she said. "don't worry about it, Go get some rest," I said and she smiled and walked out. I sat next to Morgan as she yawned. "What story weasel?" I asked. "Gruffalo," she said. "Ah Peter why don't you grab the book off that shelf," I said.

He grabbed it and walked over and sat on the other side of Morgan. We both decided to have Jarvis read and we acted it out, as Morgan requested. Finally Morgan fell asleep and we walked out and quietly shut the door.

"Look at the adorable parents," Pietro said. "We only read to her," I said. "That was not reading that was two teenagers making a fool of themselves to a little kid," He replied and Peter and I laughed.

"A fun fool of ourselves though," Peter said and I agreed. "Alright then, Wanda needs me see you later," He said and sped off. I laughed and started walking to my room. "Where you going?" Peter asked. "My room come on," I said. "Is Mr. Stark gonna-," "I'll leave the door open I don't plan on doing anything," I said and he nodded and walked with me to my room. I sat on my bed and he sat on the chair at my desk.

"I would kill to have a room like this," He said. "I'm really grateful, I don't really have many friends because if I ever made any they thought I was spoiled," I said. "You aren't, just lucky," He said and I smiled.

"Tell me about yourself," He said. "Like what?" I asked. "Well, I've lived here in the tower since I was 8, I never went to public school and graduated online high school a year ago," "woah you graduated at 15?" he asked. "I had to beat my dad," I said and he laughed.

"Tell me like your favorite, color, animal, what you do for fun," he said. "Maroon, dolphins, and I race my dad with my powers," I said and he laughed. "Happy needs to take Peter home miss stark," Peter said. "Oh well, see you tomorrow?" I asked. "see you tomorrow," he said and smiled walking out. I had an amazing day.

(Word count: 1,282)