Los Angeles Pt.1

SATURDAY

MJ POV

I wake up to the annoying 5 am alarm. I groan and shut it off, Sarah was gonna pick me up in 30 minutes so I had to get up. I did my usual and just wore a crop top and sweats, it's the airport, no one cares. I make it down the stairs and there was a knock at my door. I grabbed my suitcase, guitar, and opened the door, and there was Sarah. " Morning." I said with a slight yawn.

" Morning, come on. We gotta get to Benny's house." She said pulling me out the door. I locked the door and got in the car. She drove us through the streets to the suburbs and around to Benny's house.

We got out of the car and knocked on the door, and Evelyn opened it. " Hi, girls!" She said as her usual happy self.

" Hi Evelyn/ Good Morning." Sarah and I say.

" Come in, girls. It's freezing out." Evelyn said stepping to the side. We nodded and stepped to the side. " I'll go get the boys, you can wait in the kitchen if you'd like."

" Okay." I say, we then made our way to the kitchen sitting on some open stools. " So, you excited?"

" Of course! We're going to Los Angeles!" Sarah exclaimed. Ethan's mom then came through the back door. " Hey, Mrs. Morgan."

" Hi, Sarah and MJ." She said.

" What are you doing here?" I asked.

" I just had to come say bye to Ethan before he left. By the way, thank you for offering to take him with you." She said.

" Oh, it's no problem. He's great to be around." I say, the boys then came down with their luggage in hand and Evelyn behind them.

" Hey MJ, Sarah." The boys said standing next to Sarah and I, Benny yawned a bit.

" Hi boys." Sarah and I greeted.

" Mom, what are you doing here?" Ethan asked nervously.

" I just came to say bye. I'm gonna miss you." She said pulling him into hug. Ethan was immediately embarrassed, the three of us all chuckled lightly.

" Mom, you're embarrassing me." Ethan said chuckling nervously.

" Sorry, sorry, just... be safe, make smart choices, I want pictures, and have fun." Mrs. Morgan said backing off of Ethan.

" I know, I know, we will Mom." Ethan reassured.

" Okay then, I'll see you four in a week. Bye!" Mrs. Morgan said starting to leave the kitchen.

" Bye!" The four of us say as she gave us one last wave before closing the door behind her.

" So, you kids want a ride to the airport?" Evelyn offered.

" Oh, it's alright, I was just gonna drive us there." Sarah said.

" Come on, I insist. Besides we don't want anyone to break into the nice car of yours in the long term parking." Evelyn added.

" Alright, Grandma's driving." Sarah said cheerfully. Sarah and I moved our bags into Evelyn car and got into the back seat with Ethan, while Benny sat in front.

When we made it to the airport we gave Evelyn a quick farewell and made our way through airport security. We sat at our gate waiting to be boarded.

I was on my phone with a hat blocking my eyes. It's the best I could do since I didn't have my luggage. There was a light tap at my knee making me look up. There was boy no older than 7 standing in front of me. " Hi, I'm Daniel. Can you sign this for me?" He asked handing me a signature book and a pen.