Babysitting

I was just about to finish my new song when I got a call from Sarah.

" Hello?" I say into the speaker.

" Hi MJ, I-uh am wondering if you could help me out with something." She sounded kind of panicked.

" Yeah, Sarah, of course. Are you okay? You sound scared." I say getting worried.

" Y-yeah, I'm fine, Just meet me on Oak street. Erica ditched on babysitting and she wants me to fill in, I'm wondering if you could help me. " She says.

" Okay, yeah I could help you, I'll be there in 5. Bye." I say.

" Bye." She then hangs up. I look up where Oak street is on my monitors.

" Perfect just a few blocks away." I shut my monitors down and put my laptop in my bag so I could work on my song. I rush out of the house, of course locking the door, and I jog down to Oak street. She sounded scared so I was trying to get there as fast as I can. I turn down the street and it was eerily quiet. I start to cautiously walk down the street looking for Sarah. " Sarah? Sarah?" I call out.

I hear rustling in the bushes and I feel my heart rate increase. I walk a bit faster but then Sarah jumps out of the bushes.  I scream at her sudden appearance. " Holy shit, Sarah, You scared me."

" Sorry." She said. I look at her and see that there were leaves and branches in her hair.

" What happen?" I ask pulling the vegetation out of her hair.

" Oh, uh, I decide to take a short cut through the woods." She says grabbing my hand. " Now come on, we have to go babysit."

" Okay." I follow her all the way to a house, which I assume is the Morgan's place. She then rings the door bell.

" Hi, one of you must be Erica? The babysitter" A lady at the door asks. Sarah seemed startled at every little noise so I decide I should take this.

" Uh, no, she's Sarah and I'm MJ. Erica is sick so she sent us." I say covering up Erica's ditching.

" Can we come in? Please?" Sarah said with a panicky tone.

" Of...course." She says stepping to the side for us to walk in. Sarah pulls me in with a hurry.

" Jane your babysitters are here." the lady calls out.

" Okay mom I'll be down in a minute." A young girl yells from up stairs. Then I see Ethan come from up stairs and he stops when seeing Sarah and I.

" Uh, Earth to Ethan?" his mom say knocking him out of his gaze.

" Hello." He says nervously.

" Hey." Sarah and I say. Sarah sound awkward, while I was just happy to see him again. I wave to him and he awkwardly waves back.

" Okay, well, everything you need to know to take care of them is on the fridge and you guys make yourselves at home." His mom says. We start to walk into the living room before Sarah was stopped by Ethan's mom.

" Oh honey you're bleeding." She says looking at Sarah's arm.

" Oh, It's nothing. I just tripped on the way here, it doesn't even hurt." Sarah say covering the scratch.

" I'll get bandages!" Ethan says before running back up the stairs

" Are you sure you're okay?" Mrs. Morgan asks worried.

" Oh, yeah! Uh, shortcut through the woods." She say pulling her sleeve down.

" Oh, well, okay then. My cell number is on the fridge, and Jane has to be to bed no later than 8:30." she say walking towards the door.  " Bye Jane, Bye Ethan!"