Die, Pod!

MJ POV

MJ POV

I sat in math bored out of my mind as we did silent work. Benny nor Ethan was here because they were in the office in trouble for setting up a ghost alarm. It had gone off and worked...but shattered the principal's window in the process. The teacher's phone rang catching my attention. I turned to pretend I was working but keeping my ears sharp to hear what the teacher was saying. " Hello, Ms. Carpenter speaking... Yes, she's here today... I'll send her to your clas- oh. No? The office? Okay, no problem," She finished then hanging up the phone.

She starts writing on a hall pass slip, " Madelyn, you've been called down to the office," she announnced getting my attention. I nodded and putting my things away and walking up to desk to take the pass.

" Do you know why?" I ask quietly trying to keep the conversation between us. Many people were already looking and trying to listen in.

" Not exactly why but Mrs. LOL wannts to talk with you, and she thinks the principal should be present for it." Ms. Carpenter says, I nodded and thanked her while taking the pass from her. I quickly made my way to the office clutching a strap of my backpack. Why would the drama teacher want to talk with me?

Walking into the office I immediately made eye contact with Benny. He gave a confused look and I just shrugged. I passed my slip of paper to the personn at the front desk before sitting next to Benny and this girl who was blasting music in her ears. " So, what are you in for?" Benny asked trying to mimick some tough-guy voice.

I giggled and turned to look at him, " Not sure. The drama teacher wants to talk with me but thinks the principal should be present," I answer.

" Odd," Ethan comments, I nodded my head. He groans and runs his hands over his face. " Benny, how did I let you convince me to rewire the PA system?"

" Because I'm incredibly charming," Benny said giving me a wink. I snort and shake my head, I look down to my fiddling hands to hide my smile.

" Seriously," Ethan scoffed.

" Oh, yeah," Benny smirked.

Ethan sighed and leaned back, his head hitting the wall, " I'm never rewiring anything for you again."

Benny rolled his eyes and looked over to Ethan, " Okay, what good is a ghost alarm in school if it's nnot insanely loud. How was I supposed to know it was gonna blow out the principal's window?" Benny cringed looking at the shards of glass left in the frame.

" Yound lady?" Principal Hicks called out from his office. We all looked over to blank face looking forward and the music continued to blast. " Young Lady?"

Benny quickly reached over my shoulder to tap hers, " You might want to go in. Trust me, you do not want to tick him off." Benny said leaning forward to walk to her.

" Yeah, especially when we have to go in there after you," Ethan chuckled nervously, Benny nnodded agreeing. She gave the both of them zero acknowledgement. I waved my hand in front of her face, not even a blink. I looked over to the boys and shrug my shoulders.