Doug the Vampire Hunter

MJ POV

MJ POV

Benny and I stood on either side of his coffee table, Star Wars playing on the TV in the background. We had a pizza and various snacks on the table. We each had a handful of popcorn and tossing the piece across to each other, and attempting to catch a piece in our mouths. Most of our attempts have failed but ending in laughs. The front door then opened but we kept our attention on each other. " Hi Grandma." Benny said assuming who it was since she was out tonight.

" Sorry, son, it's not Grandma." A man said and stepping where we could see him, Benny's eyes widened. He stopped and looked us confused, then looking at me even more confused. The man looked awfully like Benny, obviously his father. " You're Madelyn Wilson?" He said pointing at me confused.

" Hi." I said awkwardly and giving a small wave. Benny cleared his throat and stood up straighter to turn around.

" Dad, this is MJ." Benny introduces, I carefully maneuver around our popcorn mess and stand next to Benny. Standing directly next to Benny with no heels or shoes on, I really realized how much we differ in height. With my just above 5ft and his about 6ft.

" Oh! You're the MJ he's talks about." Benny's father registered. " It's nice to meet you."

" Unless he knows another MJ, yes I am, sir. It's nice to meet you too." I say shaking his hand.

" No need for the 'sir'. You can just call Steven." He said as we pulled away.

" Noted." I assure.

" So, uh, what's going on here?" Steven asked gesturing between us and the mess of a living room behind us.

" It's actually a date." Benny said with a nervous chuckle and scratching the back of his neck.

" Oh! Sorry for interrupting, I'm just gonna get something from the kitchen and I'll be upstairs. If you need anything you know where I'll be and when you're done clean up your grandmother's living room." Steven said, the last bit was more pointed at Benny.

" Will do, Dad." Benny said. Steven then quickly got whatever he wanted and went upstairs. Benny and I looked at each other and couldn't help but bust out laughing.

" Oh god, that was so awkward." I say through laughs and walking around the table, lightly kicking the fallen popcorn in a more controlled area. I then plop down on the couch, Benny following in suit and putting his arm over my shoulder. I reached forward grabbing my plate of pizza and when I sat back taking a bite Benny was holding his video camera towards me. " What are you doing?" I laugh as I took my bite.

" Just document our first date." Benny answered looking through the small screen. " Of hopefully many."

" There should definitely be many more." I say and giving the camera wink knowing he was looking through the lens. His face turned a little pink and his giggled.