14.

Rachel's POV

Three weeks later

Never have I ever thought that I'd be in this position, everything was going great and now here I am.

We've been through so much together. Dated for years before I gave him my virginity.

We both lost our fathers and he had been with me throughout everything I go through.

Through my father's funeral, through challenges and all that now here I am looking at the man I love laying dead in front of me outside my workplace.

I'm frozen in place and to silence. I can't move nor can I speak, I'm so petrified and will forever be haunted by the sight that is before me now.

I stay rooted even after the ambulance and police arrived. I'm moved by one of my co-workers. Tears are falling from my eyes and all I can do is stare. He's dead, Marcó is dead. He got shot right in front of me through the chest.

"Marcó" is the only thing that left my mouth while the paramedics clean the blood from my body after that I'm questioned by the police after that I'm taken home by a police officer so I immediately run to the preschool down the road where I pick up my kids who run to me smiling.

We head home and they run inside when I open the door. I step inside then close the door sliding down it bringing my knees to my chest and resting my head on them. I cry and cry until I hear my babies.

"Mommy! Come!" I laugh through the tears and wipe them before running to them only to see them building blocks so I kiss them both on their forehead before turning on the television with their favorite cartoon.

I walk into the kitchen and start making dinner only for my phone to start ringing but I ignore it not wanting to talk to anybody. I continue making dinner.

"Dada" I hear so I rush into the living room only to see that he's on the TV so I turn it off and give them their tablets then I go inside the kitchen again to finish making dinner.

My phone rings again so I sigh and look look at the caller only to see my mom calling so I answer.

Mom: I heard what happened and I'm booking a flight right now so I'll be there tomorrow

Me: Thanks mom

She ends the call so I check to see who was calling before only to see Marcó's mom, sisters and brothers calling so I sigh as tears start falling again.

I finish making dinner and start sharing it only to feel my pant legs being pulled so I look down only to see my babies smiling and laughing which makes me smile at them.

"Are you both hungry?" Elle giggles while Marcó Jr. gives me a thumbs up

"Come on then, follow mommy" I bring their plates to the dinner table and place them in their chairs, they eat their food then burp making me laugh while they blush.

"Time to bathe and go to bed" I pick them up and bring them into their bathroom where I bathe Marcó first because he falls asleep easily then I bathe Elle because she loves playing in the water.

I clothe Marcó after drying him off then put him in bed and he falls asleep as his head hits the pillow then I bathe and clothe Elle after drying her off. I turn off the lights in their bathroom then dim their nightlights.

"Elle, go into mommy's room" I say and she runs out of their room into our room so I carefully lift Marcó so I don't wake him then I leave their room pulling up the door. I walk into our room only too see a little stool beside the bed and Elle under the sheets sleeping so I sigh heading over pulling back the sheets and putting Marcó beside her then covering them again.

I remove my clothes throwing them into the hamper then going into the bathroom where I cry sitting on the floor of the shower while the water beats down on me.