Chapter 5 - Hospital

TW//

Dysphoria, daddy issues

"D/n? D/n!" A familiar voice called, seemingly from another dimension.

"No, no, please don't be dead," she pleaded through tears. My brain was fuzzy and my thoughts seemed to swirl around, not slowing down for me to read them. 

"Don't worry, I'm calling an ambulance right now, my daughter is passed out in the bath, please come quickly," she said.

"Not...your...daughter," I muttered, not loud enough for her to hear.

Suddenly, my ears started ringing, blocking out all other sounds. It was deafening, I wanted to put my hands over my ears but then I realized I couldn't even move my body.

Nearly all of my senses were either dull or gone. The only one left was my ability to feel my mum running downstairs and out of the house, with me in her arms.

What had happened to lead up to this?

My memory was distorted, all I could remember was my head hitting the back of a bathtub.

I blacked out again.

-

I was awake.

This time I could open my eyes slightly.

A blindingly bright light pierced my vision and I quickly squeezed my eyes back shut. I opened my eyes again and waited for them to get used to the change in brightness.

I noticed that I was in an unfamiliar room in a strange bed. Blue curtains were strung around the bed I was laying in. I was wearing a white gown for some reason. Who had even changed me? Then it hit me, I'm in a hospital?!

But how did I even get here?

Suddenly it all came back to me, the voices, the bath, the hypothermia. My head hurt from all the information I was processing.

Why couldn't I have just gotten out of the tub?

None of this would've happened if I had just found a better way to manage my emotions.

Stupid! Stupid!

I knew I shouldn't be beating myself up over something over this, after all, I was exhausted and venerable. But I couldn't help myself.

Classic me.

Abruptly, the curtains burst open and in came, my mother.

"D/n! I'm so glad you're awake, I was worried sick." My mother said with a massive smile on her face. She knelt down to my level next to the bed.

I shrank back at the sound of my dead name.

"What's wrong sweetie?" She said, noticing my obvious discomfort.

"Nothing," I muttered.

"I'm happy that you're ok, but what were you doing in the bathtub in the first place?" She questioned suspiciously.

My heart grew heavy and tears threatened. I wanted so badly to tell her why, but I knew it would lead to more harm than good.

It hurt so much because I love her more than anything and always will. But If she knew my secret she would find me disgusting, and that would hurt more than anything in the world.

So I lied and said, "I can't remember anything right now."

"Well, please tell me when you remember," she asked.

"I promise," I lied. 

Suddenly, she grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a warm embrace. It felt so nice to be in my mother's arms, nothing could compete with that.

We stayed like that for at least five minutes, before she pulled away.

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"The doctor said you could in an hour," she replied.

"Do you want me to stay here for the time being?" My mum questioned.

"I'd like to have some alone time if that's alright with you," I answered politely.

"Alright, I'll see you in an hour then."

"Bye."

She opened the curtains and walked out.

Before I could gather my thoughts, I heard heavy footsteps coming from outside the ward, they sounded familiar. They became louder as they came closer, that's when I realized; they were my dad's.

I panicked.

He despised me and did whatever he could to make my life a living hell. He would definitely be pissed that I ended up in hospital.

The curtains burst open and in came a raging bull.

Shit, shit.

"WHAT THE FUCK D/N?!" He shouted.

I winced, I was in for it for sure.

"YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING EXPENSIVE THE HOSPITAL BILLS ARE YOU LITTLE SHIT? DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORK TO PROVIDE FOR THIS FAMILY?" He yelled. At this point, he was screaming at the top of his lungs and his face was hot pink.

I"-I'm so sorry," I stuttered, my voice cracking from the tears that were beginning to flow down my cheeks.

I was petrified, this wasn't the first time he had had a fit, far from it. They all either ended in harsh beatings or me barely escaping his wrath.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK BACK TO ME YOU FUCKING MISTAKE!" He howled.

I was sobbing uncontrollably now, why did things have to be like this?

"Fucking crybaby," he muttered before walking back out, not bothering to close the curtains.

I wept into my pillow, praying things could be different.

-

340 VIEWS?! Thank you so much.