Chapter 11 - Decisions

Sorry for the late upload, I've been really busy with exams.

I heard a knock on my door and immediately woke up from my nightmares. I threw the covers off and walked towards it, praying it wasn't my dad.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, noticing that it was just a doctor. I opened the door and a man wearing a white vest and a blue t-shirt underneath, paired with some navy denim jeans walked in.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Andrews. I'm the one who has been looking after you for the past 4 days," he said with a warm smile. He combed back his dark brown hair and looked at me with shimmering blue eyes. 4 days?! Had it really been that long? My mum must be worried sick.

"H-hello," I stuttered nervously, shoving my hands into my pockets.

He pushed up his glasses and said, "How are you feeling, any pains or headaches?"

"N-no," I said anxiously. Stupid social anxiety, I thought.

"That's good, do you remember anything before you came to the hospital?" He asked.

"Yes," I said and shivered, getting extremely vivid flashbacks.

"That's good, do you remember how you got those injuries? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but it would help us convict whoever is responsible," he assured.

I panicked.

What would happen if I told him everything?

I knew I should, but a voice in my head desperately pleaded with me not to tell. I hated that I was like that. I always had been and I knew why.

Ever since I was a kid, barely anyone actually listened to my complaints. I had nearly always been ignored and not taken seriously because I was 'the weird kid.'

Once I told my mum that I was being bullied and she just said 'he probably just likes you.' I let him keep bullying me and it damaged my mental health a lot.

"I...just fell down the stairs," I said sadly, why did I have to lie?

"Ok..." He said, clearly not convinced.

He sighed and said, "Since you've been seriously injured, you'll have to stay in hospital for at least 3 more days."

3 days wasn't that long, but it should be just enough time to figure out what to do.

"This is unrelated but, do you know who saved your life?" The doctor asked.

"No," I replied. I hadn't even thought about that, I was too busy concentrating on what I would do when I was discharged.

"Your neighbor called the ambulance," he informed.

That explains a lot. After all, I did jump out of my window onto her lawn.

"Oh, tell her I said thanks then," I said.

"Sure thing," he answered.

"By the way, does my mum know that I'm in here?" I asked.

"Yes, we've given her a call and informed her about the situation," he responded.

"Has she visited yet?" I questioned.

"Yes, while you were sleeping," he said.

All of a sudden, someone popped in through the open door.

It was an attractive-looking woman in her late 20's, she had curly brown hair at about shoulder length and emerald green eyes complementing her freckled face with pale skin. She was fairly tall for a woman and was wearing a similar outfit compared to the doctor. The only difference was that she was wearing a skirt, knee-high rainbow socks, and had a badge on her chest with the lesbian flag.

My face lit up. I had never seen anyone who was so confident about their sexuality before. I thought If you ever came out as anything LGBTQ+ you would be harassed and beat up.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting something but, patient 108 needs your immediate attention, It's an emergency," she said in a panicked voice.

"My apologies, I have to get going now. Make sure you're looking after yourself. Farewell," and with that, he raced out of the door, thankfully not forgetting to close it.

"Bye," I said.

I sat back down on my bed and wondered what Wilbur was up to. I instinctively reached for my pocket to get my phone, realizing that it wasn't there.

Shit!

It was back at the house.

How was I going to contact my mum?

 I put my head in my hands and tried to think of ways to survive. I could just go back to my house and see what happens.

No, that's a stupid idea. I should just tell my mum what happened, but would she even believe me? Maybe. 

I sighed and settled on that. What was the worst that could happen?

-