Everybody Look Whats Going Down

I watched as that car swerved into the parking lot quicker than any of us could have imagined.

"Oh shit." Two-Bit sighed, standing right back up out of his chair. He groaned in pure irritation.

"Here's the damned clown car." Dally stood, following Two-Bit out of the row of seats.

I found myself squeezing Darry's hand unconsciously. I had my eyes in a deadlock on Richard's car. Forget whatever was playing on the screen.

No one was paying too much attention so far, everyone looking at the big screen. Cars swerved in here with unruly teens packing them all the time, people probably just thought this was gonna be one of those times--with some cocky feller flooring it in with his nice ass car to impress some girl.

Well I wasn't impressed, because I knew what was going to happen, and it wasn't about to be pretty.

Darry squeezed my hand back, and he patted the top. I watched as all the boys started to stand--Ponyboy, Johnny, Soda, Steve. They followed Dally and Two-Bit.

"You don't have to get involved in this, Darla."

"I know." I looked at him, and them back to the gang.

I watched as Richarf stepped from his car, hopping over the door like an asshole, sauntering around and sitting on the hood. His car was filled with his stupid friends and their stupid expensive shirts and jeans.

Darry leaned down--and I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head.

He stood, and I did as well, without much of a thought. I stood with him, and he took my hand, walking me to the rest of the gang.

I heard Richard chuckle as he saw all of us standing there together.

"Told you I'd be here." Richard tutted.

"Yeah, and we are just trying to watch a damn movie, and somehow you manage to ruin that to." Two-Bit pulled his knife from his pocket.

"I haven't ruined anything, not yet." Richard held a look of fake shock.

"Yeah, you have." Dally held onto his belt loops. "You ain't dropped dead yet."

Richard laughed, pushing himself off the hood of the car, slowly stepping closer to us. I balled up my fists, shooting a glare to the bastard.

"But you lot of greases will, if you're not careful."

"Not careful?" Darry laughed, walking to the front of all of us to stare Richard in the eyes. "You were the one that's trying to claim this place like you own it. You're the one dragging us into this."

"I haven't drug you into anything."

"Don't play dumb." I rolled my eyes, looking up at Richard. "You can't act like you own a place that you don't. And it's just us you have a problem with. And we don't have any intention of stopping our little trips here just because you and your little Dick Division said they dont want us here."

"My what?" Richard blinked--and God, we laughed him up.

"If we are gonna do this, let's get it over with." Darry popped his knuckles. "I'd like to catch part of the movie."

I heard a crack, and saw Richard's fist meet with Darry's jaw shortly after I blinked.

Then, our boys were on Richard's like flies on shit. I stood, frozen--just until I saw Darry get up. And he got up quick, and he rebounded with a punch to Richard's stomach.

I felt a hard hit to the back of my head, and I didn't see who did it, but I caught someone when I whirled around with my fists at the ready, wailing one of Richard's drunk friends to the ground.

I heard yelling outside the circle of commotion, I guess some folks have finally noticed us, and had every intention to stop us.

I saw Two-Bit kick someone down off of Soda, holding his knife to them--and they lay real still underneath him, hands up in a surrender. My cousin had some poor bastard by the collar and was knocking his head around like a soccer ball. Jesus Christ.

Dally stood back up after throwing a man off of him, and I looked at him. He looked mighty odd--all distorted, smudged. Was my head spinning?--no. My glasses were broke. Shit.

Dally turned on his heels and decked someone that was wailing on Pony--and I turned my attention to Darry as one of Richard's asshole friends got back up and started throwing swings at me.

I blocked, and knocked him clean in the side of the head and sent him to the ground, but not before I felt a thump and a sting on my mouth--my lip was busted I could taste blood.

"Come on," I heard Darry call. "Come on!!"

As I regained my ground, I looked up in time to see everyone running to Darry. And I heard the sirens wailing in the background.