TWENTY NINE

The loud bang of the door slamming shut echoes throughout the house as Elsie screams in frustration

"Elsie?" Violet questions, knocking on her door, "Come on, please let me talk."

"This isn't fair!" Elsie yells

Violet sighs, leaning her head against the door, "I know. And I'm sorry. It wasn't my choice."

"You did have a choice. You didn't have to do it."

"Elsie, please."

Elsie doesn't reply, and a silence begins, only broken by the younger girl's soft sniffles.

"Elsie, open the door and we'll go straight to the Gilbert House and you can stay there until they leave."

Again no response, until eventually there's a tiny click of the door and it swings open. Elsie is standing there, tear streaks on her face.

"Come on." Violet holds a hand out, but Elsie just slaps it away and walks outside.

The car ride is silent, and tense. When they get to the Gilbert house, Elsie practically flew out of the car and ran to the front door.

A very flustered Jenna answers the door, and is nearly knocked off her feet by Elsie clinging onto her.

"Woah, okay. Hi Elsie."

"I don't want you to go."

"I'm sorry, I-" A confused look washes over Jenna's face as she tries to think of her reasoning, "I have to."

"Elsie, how about you help her pack?" Violet suggests, "I need to go now, I'll be back later."

Elsie just nods, still evidently annoyed.

*

ELENA GILBERT
Have you heard from Caroline today? She's not at school.

VIOLET PEARSON
No
I was going to visit her at the school
I'm going to go to her house

ELENA GILBERT
okay will meet you there after school.

*

When Violet arrives to the Forbes house, Caroline isn't there yet. However, Bonnie, Elena and Matt are.

"Hey," Bonnie smiles, "So when Caroline walks in we're gonna yell 'surprise' and jump out from the side."

"Alright." Violet nods, taking a party hat off the rats head and placing it on her own.

"Hey, that was mine." He whines

"There's more right next to you." Violet points to the half full pack.

Matt rolls his eyes but takes one anyway.