back 2 school

I grumbled as loud knocks rang from my window. "Mandy c'mon." I heard Shawn shout from outside my trailer. "Hold on." I yelled back putting on a layer of lip gloss.

"Arent you all dressed up for your first day high school?" Matt teased as I walked through the living room. "Fuck off." I mumbled looking in the fridge. "Watch your language." My mom accused as she walked in tying up her hair. I sighed seeing we only had water down milk and expired yogurt. "Mom?" She glanced around me. "I can run in between shifts, get food at the Matthews?" I nodded. "Bye."

"Love you." She said running out the door. "I have money, meet you at school." Matt muttered following behind her. I gave a small smile meeting Shawn outside.

He grinned running up to me. "Took you long enough." I chuckled pulling on his fake sideburns. "Really think your little plan is gonna work?" He scoffed shoving down my hand. "Its fool proof, Eric gave it to us."

"Oh, that's really promising." I said sarcastically. "Haha, keep mocking me when were kings." He smirked back.

I rolled my opening the door to the Matthews house. "Were here." I shouted. "And were right here to, Mandy." Alan yelled back covering his ears. I gave him an apologetic smile and turned back to Amy and Cory.

"See, Shawn and Mandy aren't changing themselves." Amy said before sighing. "Not entirely, where do you get this stuff?" She grabbed my head looking over my face. "My mom." I shrugged. "And you, what are those?" She said to Shawn.

He nervously smiled. "Yeah are those sideburns?" Alan asked. "You mean the ones on my face?" Shawn choked out. "It's just that when you were here yesterday they weren't there." Amy said making me laugh.

"Mrs. Matthews you just gotta accept that me, Cory, and Mandy are growing up. And we're old enough now to...buy our own hair." Shawn told her. "You got a glue spot on your cheek."

I rolled my eyes as Cory pulled out their 'plan'. "Look, we've got all the answers to high school, right here. Having a big brother finally paid off."

"Cor, sign this." Eric said walking with a paper. "With regard to my brother Eric Matthew's here on referred to as 'Oh Great One', I Cory Matthew's referred to as 'Insignificant Spec', pledge never to contact verbally or non-verbally during any and all school hours from this day forward for ever and ever." Cory read out.

Alan glared at his son. "Nice to see you looking out for your brother on his first day." Eric sighed. "Dad word gets out I'm related to a freshman I lose all my status."

"Like you have any status." I smirked.

Eric sent me a sarcastic glare before he ruffled around my hair. I sent a smack to his arm trying to fix my hair in the reflection of the window.

"Mr. Feeny." I smiled moving away as he walked in. "Amy, Alan, etcetera."

"So, Mr. Feeny, are you feeling any regret that you're loosing us from your class?" Cory asked. "Miss Keller, a little. You two, not at all." I snorted at the offended looks.

"What can we do for you George?" Alan asked. "There is a large rusty object blocking my driveway." Feeny told us. "That's my new car." Eric said proudly. "May I assume it moves?"

"Like the wind, especially downhill. Want me to move it?" Eric said. "Certainly can't count on anyone stealing that thing." I joked.

Eric stuck his tongue out in my direction before following Mr. Feeny outside.

"You know it just hit me, high school means we're through with Feeny." Shawn told us. "This is the greatest day of our lives." Cory cheered. "I'll miss him." I muttered as the two did their handshake.