bye, bye, ben

I smiled when final bell finally rang. "Hey Keller, hang back a minute." Turner called out. I paused walking back to him

"Whats up?" I asked. "Just checking in."

I frowned. "Everythings fine." I assured. "I'd like to believe that but I couldn't help but notice the shiners you and your brother came in with this morning.

"I get your trying to be a good person and all but everything really is fine." My fingers brushed over the bruise. Really? Your mom know that your dad's been hitting you?" He asked. I froze. "Look, that asshole isnt my dad and you dont know anything about my life." I snapped walking out.

Shawn and Cory stood outside the door waiting for me. "Hey, what was Turner talking about?" Cory asked me in a soft tone. "Nothing." I muttered look for Matt.

"Sounded pretty serious." Shawn told me. "Sorry, gotta go." I ran off to Matt.

Rushing us out to his car before Cory and Shawn catch up. "We need to go like now." I urged when we got in. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked. "Turner asked me about Ben and Cory and Shawn heard."

"Shit." He muttered speeding out.

___________________

"Mandy....." I heard a voice from outside my room. I jumped up, pushing back against the door. "No."

But the door flew open, throwing me into my room. He bent down to my level grabbing onto my arm and pulling me up from the floor.

"Matt!" I screamed before he covered my mouth.

After a little shuffling Matt charged into my room. "Get your hands off my fucking sister." He shouted.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Ben seethed back.

Matt sent me a look before pulling gun from his pocket. "Let go." Ben quickly dropped me and ran out of the room.

"Mom please wake up." I cried shaking her. "What sweetie?" I looked to my room. "Call the cops."

She sent me a nervous look but ran to the phone, scremaing when she saw my brother. I ran out of the trailer headinf straight to Harley's.

"Keiner get your ass out here right now." I cried. "Woah, you okay?" Teresa asked opening the door. "Can you please get Harley?" She nodded running back into her trailer.

Harley came out a minute later. "Hey Runt you okay?" He asked pulling me into a small hug.

"Ben came to my room again and Matty lost it. He has a gun." I pulled him to my trailer.

His face dropped and he charged into my trailer. "Mands, stay out here." He told me. My mom soon joined me. Holding my tightly. "I'm so sorry Mandy, I didnt know." She cried. "Its not you fault mom, I just wanted you to be happy."

She sent me a sad smile before the sirens approache four trailer.

The cops came back out with Ben unconscious in handcuffs, some questioning Matt and Harley.

"Oh my god, youre okay." I said jumping into his arms. "Miss we need to talk to him please." The cop started. "No, I can talk to you right now." My mom said pulling him away. "Meet us there tomorrow." She told us and the cops drove off with her.

"Where did you get a gun?" I snapped. "Its fake, some old replica I stole off some rich kid." I sighed hugging him again. "Thank you."

I pulled back turning to Harley. My eyes went wide when I saw his face bleeding. "What the hell?"

"I'm fine. He was going after Matty, realized it was fake. I had to jump in." He told me. "But I got him better, who you think knocked him out?" He chuckled a little. I rolled my eyes hugging him. "You're and idiot."

I pulled back when I heard a cough behind me. I turned to see Shawn standing behind me.

"We'll see you inside." Matt said as him and Harley went in the trailer.

Shawn frowned as he looked me over. "Mandy-" He stopped when I dove into his arms, crying. "Why did he do it Shawn?" He only held me tighter.

"What happened? We heard yelling and the cops." He asked when I finally calmed down. "My moms boyfriend was um..." I trailed off. "And he started hitting me and Matt, that's how I got the bruises not falling." I explained. "Why didnt you tell me?"

I sighed. "My mom was finally happy and I didnt want to ruin it." I told him.

"Mandy.. How long?" He aske grabbing my hand. "Since school started." I mumbled. "Jesus." He sighed. "Please, just dont tell Cory or Topy."

He frowned. "But Cor's our best friend." I nodded. "I know but he'll just think less of me and he'd probably tell hid parents and they'd make it a whole thing. I mean wouldnt be any shocker, trailer trash and all."

"Mandy you aren't trailer trash, youre perfect." He said into my hair. I turned and stared up into his eyes and placed a small kiss on his lips. "Thank you."

I smiled as I walked back to my trailer.

"Did you just kiss Hunter?" Matt asked when I shut the door. "Were you spying on me?" I snapped. "Answer the question runt." Harley teased. "You two need to find something better to do with you time."

I stormed into my room trying to ignore all their teasing.

_________________

I stayed behind in English the next day. "Uh, Mr. Turner." I said. He turned around. "What do you need?"

"I'm sorry I snapped at you yesterday I just- I didnt want people to know and I wasnt ready to talk about it." I apologized. "Mandy, its fine. I didnt seem very supportive, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I smiled.

"Thanks." He sighed. "And is everything okay?" He asked. "Yeah, the cops took him last night." I told him.

I went to leave the room but he stopped me. "You're a good kid Mandy, don't ever think for a second that you deserved anything he did okay?"

Tears filled my eyes again and I couldnt help but hug him. I was hugging everybody lately.

"Hey Mandy you coming?" Matt called out, him and Harley coming in. I nodded pulling away from Turner. "I can talk whenever you need to Keller."