turnaround

I stood by Topanga as she pulled books from her locker. "Why won't you come to the dance?" I asked with a pout.

"Mandy it is completely sexist." She gave me a stern look, making me roll my eyes. "Plus, you know my daddy is taking me Christmas shopping in New York." She grinned.

I chuckled at the girl. "Of course he is." She wrapped an arm over my shoulder. "Don't worry I'll get you something."

"Something sexy I hope." I said with a wink. "Whose getting something sexy?" Shawn asked as he and Cory stopped in front of us.

Topanga smirked. "I am for your girlfriend." She told him in a taunting tone. 

"You know Topanga, one of these days I know it's not gonna be a joke." He said. "Who said it is a joke?" I rose my eyebrows at him.

He smiled. "Well then I better be invited to that sleepover." I smacked the back of his head.

"You are a pig, Shawn." I sighed. "But I'm your favorite pig right?" 

I giggled. "Yes, Shawn, you are. So, will my favorite pig go to the dance with me?" He kissed me. "You know I will." 

"Pick you up at eight?" I asked. "I'll wear something sexy." He winked as I blushed.

Cory walked over to us. "So Topanga-" She quickly cut him off. "I'm not going to the dance Cory."

"My only hope." He cried out, laying his head on my shoulder. "Why." 

"It's a protest." Topanga told the boys as I mouthed the words. She went on about the sexism behind the whole thing.

Shawn gave her a confused stare. "Besides that weekend my daddys taking me to New York for Christmas shopping." She added on. 

"We'll see you guys later." I kissed Shawn's cheek before we left for our next class. 

____________

Mr. Turner spoke to the whole class but everyone was silent. Normally I tired to participate in his class but my mind was stuck on Shawn.

He had come over to my trailer the night before.

"What if day one I walked into this classroom..." He said walking out of the room, catching my attention. 

"Aye, how ya doin' my name is Mr. Turner. I gonna be learnin' you guys some good english okay?" He said, slouched over. "What would you think.

I smirked, sharing a look with Topanga. "I'd be a lot more into this class." I whispered.

"I'd have a shot at an A." Shawn said, not hearing my comment. 

"How you speak, how you look, it affects peoples perceptions of who you are." Mr. Turner said before with the bell rang. 

I followed Cory and Shawn out of the room. "So, I hear you're going to the dance with Ingrid." 

"Oh no, people know already?" Cory frowned. "It's okay. I just figured out how to make it all work." Shawn smirked.

I rose my eyebrows at his tone. "This better be a good plan."

"Cor, you'd be fine going with her if she was cool right?" Shawn asked him. "Yeah but she isn't." Cory said.

Shawn rolled his eyes. "So we make her cool." He told him. "Is that possible?" Cory asked. "It's all here in the pig play." He pointed to the book.

"Change her clothes, her hair, her whole look." Shawn explained. "Shawn, we're guys. What do we know about girls clothes?" Cory asked.

The boys eyes fell onto me. "You think she'd help?" Cory whispered as if I wasn't there.

"She asked me to the dance and I said yes. I figure I ask her for something and she says yes too."