fear strikes out

I sighed watching Shawn walk by with Cory. "He still hasn't said anything?" Topanga asked me. "No, I mean I've kissed him like three times and now he totally ignores me."

"Well I heard we're playing seven minutes in heaven." She told me with a smirk. "Maybe you'll get Shawn."

I shrugged. "Maybe." We started towards the cafeteria. "Think you'll get Cory?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her. Topanga slapped her hand over my mouth glancing at the boy. "Mandy you keep your mouth shut. I do not like Cory."

"I never said that." I giggled. Her face turned red. "Look Cory's just my friend." I gave her a look. "Either way, I don't know if I want him to be my first kiss."

We looked over to see Cory puckering his lips dramatically. "I could be your first kiss." I said blowing a kiss her way. "Thanks Mandy."

_____________

"Ready?" I asked Topanga as we stood outside of Chubby's. "I don't know if I can go." She said looking over her reflection in a window. "Lets just go."

I groaned pulling her down behind me. "Mandy I said I wasn't ready." She whined. "Calm down, nothings even happening yet." I said gesturing to everyone who just hanging around.

"Lets get this started." A boy announced with a bowl of names. "Mandy you said they weren't starting." Topanga panicked.

Two people were called into the closet. "Hey you're not in yet, just breathe Topy." I chuckled a little. "Any boy or girl would be lucky to go in that closet with you, theres nothing to worry about."

"You're right. I'm a strong woman, I shouldn't worry what some boy thinks." She said with a smile. "Theres Cory and Shawn." I pointed out. "How do I look?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Go."

Shawn gave me a small smile but before I could go to him Zach grabbed my arm. "Hey."

"What?" I asked shortly. "I'm sorry about the dance." He sighed. "I know Cory and Shawn are your friends. And I shouldn't have made fun of them."

I crossed my arms. "No, shouldn't have." He groaned. "Mandy, I'm trying to apologize, please forgive me."

"Fine." He grinned. "But we're not going out anytime soon, got it?" He smiled faded. "I guess we can be friends though."

Zach went to speak again but he was cut off as two more names were announced. "Shawn and Mandy." His face fell as I smiled back to Shawn.

We headed to the closet.

"Hey." Shawn said nervously. "Hey." He shifted back and forth on his feet. "So, what do we do?"I giggled. "Kiss me." His eyes went wide.

I sighed pulling him to me and kissing him. He froze for a second but finally kissed me back. I smiled against his lips as he backed me against a shelf.

The seven minutes passed by quicker then I thought as the door was opened. Shawn tried to pull the door closed again but he was stopped.

"No over time, no extra innings." The boys said. I pulled my body away from Shawn with a blush running a hand through my messy hair as I left the closet.

Shawn walked behind me with a goofy smile. I rolled my eyes stopping beside Topanga. "That's Shawn's shirt. " She told me with a smirk.

I burned red as I realized Shawn and I had put back on the wrong jackets before we left the closet.

"What did you do?" She asked me. "We made out and some touching, but all over the clothes stuff." I couldn't help but smile at the thought. "So, are you guys okay now?"