CHAPTER # 6

ACE POV
□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Even though Celeste never asked anything about her mother , I know there is something missing. I could not see my child under any kind of emotional turmoil and so hiring a wrong person as a nanny for her is the last of my wishes . I want my baby to be cheerful and happy like other children and not  introverted and scared and for that even though I can't manage to give her proper time , I still try my best to keep her safe and feel protected.

" hey boss! I got you what you want."My best friend and my third in command Leonardo said keeping a file on my office desk .

" What's this bro ? " Xavier who had been into his game so far showed interest and asked.This idiot brother of mine comes to my office to sit and play mobile games on my office couch because apparently this place has the least of any noises or disturbances to distract him from his game.

Yeah I know too much childish for being a second in command to the most ruthless mafia leader but believe me when I say it , he knows his work very well and has never given me  an opportunity to complain. He can turn from an emotional sweet guy to a killing machine in seconds if someone tries to wind him up.

Leo unlikely is a complete opposite to Xavier's personality . He is a cold hearted person from outside but has a gold heart from inside . He runs on certains morals and ethics . I met him during my university days to find out that he was studying on a scholarship program and had been raised in an orphanage . Ever since then we had become the best of friends and when I offered him to work with me , he could not deny it . 

" oh !so finally someone showed interest in important things " mocked leo to Xavier with a smirk on his face .

" oh sweety , it's not my fault that I have more interesting things to do in my life other than eat , sleep , work and kill"smiled Xavier back to leo .

Did i mention that these two like to pick up fights every now and then which is a constant source of irritation and a  reminder that how stupid type of people revolve around me .

" so ace , what this?" Xavier asked again .
I took the file into my hand and opened it to look at the background check of Destiny just to check if there is anything suspicious. I just can't allow somebody to be around my princess without in depth details of her .

" details of Celeste's new nanny " .i answered Xavier's curiousty .
While reading I came across a point that peeked my interest and looked towards leo .As usaual leo read my expression and said " yeah! she was in the same grades with you in high school and therefore she had known you prior. But that does not lead to her involvement in anything to bring you down or hurt muffin ".

"So,  it's just a coincidence. " i said thinking about it .
"How come you not  know about her or recognise her at least.... I mean that girl used to be the topper all around " asked leo again with a hint of doubt in his words .

" cause my dear lose memory friend, my brother here used to have  interests in other things or more particularly other humans or a human or a female or a fellow human female student or...."
my low growl stopped Xavier from completing his sentence with a stupid smile on his life as he had successfully managed to get under my nerve again .

"Ohh ! " was what leo replied  with a rage filled expression as he realized what that idiot meant. Leo had always been very protective of me and had always acted as my bodyguard around me and so he did not take the being cheated thing easy and wanted to kill her  had I not convinced him hard.

He never was very happy about our relationship but did not say anything for my happiness and later when celeste came into picture , he completely forget about every thing and only cared for that little bundle of joy .

" is  the cartel delivery done ?"I asked Xavier more to divert the topic .
"Yes boss, even though Ricardo's men tried causing trouble, we managed to deliver the shipment" .

I frowned upon Ricardo's growing insensitive behaviour. That lame excuse of a person thinks that he can replace me .Why don't he understand that people do not like to mess with for no reason. Everyone knows that i can turn their lives upside down if wanted. But still some idiots don't take hints.

He will get it when the time is right.Even though I am a very impatient person but I like to take time with my enemies and give them time to live in their little heaven thinking that i won't say anything only to rip their throats apart when they least expect it .

"He will get his punishment soon ." I declared to which Xavier and Leo surfaced a very well known smirk to me knowing that hell will break lose for someone soon.

○●○●○●○●○●○
After completing all my work , I went back home.Before I could go see my princess ,I saw Destiny descending the stairs and decided to have a little chat with her . So I asked for her to wait for me downstairs until I go and check on princess.

I went to Celeste's room to see her cuddling her stuff bear .I went to her bedside and gently graced my hand on her cheeks.As always she woke up with a beautiful smile on her face and hugged me .
"daddy ,  you back " chirped my little princess. God what did I ever do to get such a gift in life.
" how was princess day today? "I asked her to which she cutely told me about her drawings giving me the as usual hint of nothing to bother about and having a normal day.
She yawned and I tugged to her bed again and kissed her forehead before leaving her room .

God ! If someone could ever see how i behave around her they might die of shock of processing me having such a polite side.but this is only for Celeste. Others need not see my polite side neither do they deserve it.

Climbing downstairs i saw her waiting for me while looking at a painting on the stairs wall .I cleared my throat to let her know of my presence which might have surprised her cause she was about to fall.I quickly caught her and saved her a back injury. Why do people have to be so clumsy.

She was looking in my eyes with a look of longing and.... adoration ?. I don't know  i am not that good with reading girly emotions.
As soon as she came back to hers senses... she moved away as my touch had burned her and stood straight looking at my shoes.

"Thank you " she muttered slowly with an expression of gratitude in her eyes.Its very difficult for my brain to respond to these types of words ever since i have flipped my switch ....u know turning all cold and ruthless and therefore listening that word sounded a bit odd to my ears.

But me being the arrogant personality i am , i replied " Get control of your clumsiness , pink panther,cause i don't have time to put my efforts on finding celeste a new nanny cause her earlier one can't even walk properly and got injured. "
Seriously pink panther my conscience mocked . What!?...
  She seems  as clumsy as the pink panther from Celeste's cartoon program.

Her expressions suddenly changed  from shocked to ...hurt?.
" s-sor-rry" , she almost whispered .God i hope she won't start crying now and so i decided to talk about for what i had kept her waiting to avoid any crybaby scenario

" I have something to ask"......

□■□■□■□■□■□■□
A/n
Vote.Comment.Follow