v. threats

Graham Black

Standing outside of Annalise's door I waited expectantly for her to come out, so that we could go to her training. My body was tense just thinking about how close I could have come to being fired if her father would have known about last night. I wouldn't have been surprised if he tried to kill me, for putting my hands on his daughter.

Annalise's actions were extremely frustrating at how quickly she tricked me. I really thought that she was just an outgoing girl, who was having fun at a race. But of course she had to be the person I would have to spend everyday with for the next few months.

Hearing the door creak open I pushed off the wall and faced her. She was finishing putting her dark hair in a ponytail, when she finally noticed I was there. Her expression filled with anger, her lips forming a tight line. Scoffing, she pushed past me before heading to the gym in the house. I followed a few feet behind nodding my head to the other guards that lined the halls.

As we reached the gym I could see her trainer prepping the weights near the large bench press. He turned upon hearing us enter. He had a shaved head and a long scar running across the left side of his face. His dark eyes drifted towards Annalise, before eventually landing on me.

"Ahh you must be Mr.Black." He stepped towards me raising his hand. I nodded before reaching up and shaking his hand. "I'm Ben, Annalise's trainer." My eyes automatically drifted towards Annalise who had her arms crossed, watching our interaction with tense eyes.

"Nice to meet you sir." I responded sternly. Dropping my hand Ben turned towards Annalise and clapped his hands.

"Start with your warm ups." She nodded and started heading towards the treadmill. She pulled off her shirt on the way there, leaving her in a black sports bra. Sharply sucking in a breath I stared at the long brutal scar that ran across her lower back. It had to have only been a couple months old, due to the skin still being slightly raised and pink. The scar started underneath her bra, and ran sideways to the other side, slightly curving around her hip.

I quickly looked away and focused back on her trainer. "Mr.Black we'll be good here. You can come back in about two hours."

"Sir." I acknowledged before taking one last glance at Annalise. Catching my eye she simply glared before turning back towards the treadmill. I turned on my heel and started heading to the guard quarters.

Where could she have gotten such a scar from? It was my understanding that she had never been on a mission before, so she couldn't have gotten it from that. My thoughts continued to drift to dark places and situations that could have occurred. Running my hand through my hair I roughly pull at the roots.

Arriving at the guard quarters I push open the door seeing about six men crowded around a couch and some chairs. The room is a dark gray and has a large window facing towards the back yard. A large metal cabinet on the far wall, most likely storing all of our weapons. There are a lot of precautions in place, for in case anyone ever attacks. The men all look to be in a deep conversation and I simply sit in an open chair across from them.

They continue their conversation and my teeth grind together as I start to hear snippets of what they're saying, along with Annalise's name.

"I know what I would do if I got her alone." One of them deeply chuckles, as the others laugh along with them. He has gray hair and looks to be the oldest one of the group.

"She's a bitch who needs to be taught a lesson." My anger rises at hearing how they're talking about her. These men are just a bunch of fucking creeps. I sit up in my chair resting my elbows on my knees. I reach over to the table in front of me and knock my ring filled knuckles on the table.