Micah: The Kid

***this is a oneshot so it doesn't fit in with the prefrences***

As the sun slowly rose over Clemmens Point Y/n woke up and left her tent knowing something had been off for the past few weeks. She had been late for that special time of the month. But it wasn't the normal day or two it typically was instead had been 3 weeks since her period. She did everything she could to jog her memory, as she sat in camp thinking about what on earth she could've done that would cause this. Days passed but her routine stayed the same. Wake up, drink a cup of coffee, wash and fold laundry, help Pearson and then go to bed after helping Micah. Then wake up and do it all again.

One morning Y/n woke up feeling strangely ill, only to realize that she felt way better hours after throwing up. Abigail soon caught on to the strange and unusual symptoms and began to question Y/n. After a while, the two women came to a conclusion. Y/ns heart dropped when she heard those 5 words.

"I think you are pregnant"

After an hour or two of panicking Y/n knew she had to tell Micah since it couldn't be anyone else's baby. Her daily routine would continue and at night when Micah got back from whatever he was doing the two of them would have the same conversation every night, from the second he walked into the camp till they went to bed.

"Hey, Micah I have something to tell you....." Y/n would speak softly while fumbling and fidgeting with her skirt as she nodded at him.

"Mhm... what is it?"

"Well uh- it was just- I thought the weather was really really nice today...?" She said not finding the guts to tell Micah that she was pregnant and with his baby.

"Uh-huh, what's really on your mind Y/n....you can tell me anything" Micah spoke softly as he held her hands and looked into her eyes which was more alarming than it should have been.

She paused for a moment and opened her mouth before shaking her head slightly. "I finished your laundry" Y/n blurted out suddenly.

"That's it?? all that for laundry??" Micah grumbled before he walked away and kicked a rock being annoyed already due to a job he had last night, but being more annoyed by how much of his morning he spent listening to Y/n stutter and try and pull her words together.

Y/n was disappointed not only in herself but her actions. She knew Micah would never want a kid and this broke her.

A few days had passed and after talking to Abigail and a few of the other ladies she decided it would be best to leave and try and make her own life and a life that would be good and healthy to raise a child in.

She left early one morning and said goodbye to Abigail, Mary-Beth, Tilly, Sadie, Karen, and Molly goodbye and then she went on her way and settled into her new life.

Over the course of the next 9 months, she went around looking for jobs and for new things to do and through this, she found a place in Saint Dennis. She worked every day until she had her baby boy, William Micah Bell.

Once her baby was born she tried to balance motherhood and working 2 jobs.

A few years passed and now William was 5 and Y/n was saving money up for William to go to school and for him to get an education of his own.

Y/n was working in the saloon one evening and let William run around and play in the saloon. She was wiping down the bar when she heard a fist slam against the bar and heard a man speak."Get. off. me. I ain't gonna tell you again kid. you need to get off me, don't you got a mom somewhere- go to her"

William spoke while giggling as he clung to Micah's leg. "of course I got a mommy, she is right over there" he pointed to Y/n "that's my mommy, she is working right now"

Micah looked over at her and widened his eyes as he looked at her and began stuttering "Y/n..... i-is that you...?" Micah spoke nervously not believing what his eyes were seeing.

She turned her head and saw Micah and they made eye contact and she looked at him for the first time in nearly 6 years, she put the rag down and went out from behind the bar and hugged Micah not knowing what else to do but also just wanting to hug him. "M-Micah I'm so so sorry... I-I didn't know what else to do- I was- I was scared and confused.."

Micah looked down at William and hugged Y/n back and let one hand softly hold the back of her head and the other hand around her shoulders. "I-Is he..."

She nodded slowly and smiled softly and then looked down at William and smiled at him and then picked him up and let him look at Micah.

William smiled at Micah and looked at him happily "are you and mommy in love? does that mean you are my daddy?" he looked at Y/n and asked hesitantly "is he, my daddy? are we gonna have a family now?"

Micah smiled for the first time probably ever and he felt a mix of emotions some of them being anger for her leaving, some of those emotions were nerves due to how nervous he was to be a father now, and then he felt joy. He had a family.

Micah had a son and he had an amazing woman. He never saw this life for himself and he never would've planned it but this brought him a type of joy he's never felt.

Micah gently took William from Y/n and kissed Y/n's head hesitantly since he wasn't big on affection. Y/n looked at both boys and smiled and knew that if Micah was still living the outlaw type of life that they would need to discuss some things and work some things out but she knew that was best saved for another day.

For now, she had her family. She had her boys. She had a smile and nothing in the world could take those things from her.

A/N I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!!

REQUESTS?