07 - Asking For Help.. Is N̶o̶t̶ Weakness

*SPLOOSH*

  "Bloody hell! Who put that there?!-" I yell with that bouncy, childish voice I used around the boys.

"El? Oh my god, EL! Where have you been!?" Sam starts wading through the water to get to me, how very gentlemanly of him.

"How'd it go with Master Strange?" Bucky asked.

  "Hey.. *cough* Sorry, had a dimension to protect and evidence to get rid of!" I joke, coughing and spluttering from the water I allowed enter my lungs, my performance has to seem realistic, don't forget.

"What kind of evidence, a dead body? Hahah!" Sam joked, a flash of something dark lit my eyes and Bucky - unknown to me - caught sight of it. 

  "No, haha, I don't kill people! Pssh, that's more Walker's stylio!" I joke, trying to cover it up, flawlessly.

"That's not what you showed us back with Nagel.. You shot a guy through his eye socket.. then stabbed another guy's own finger through his eye socket... What, you got a thing for puncturing eyes?" Bucky asked, darkly.

  "Nice to see you too, Buck." I roll my eyes.

"Hey, that's exactly what I said when we first met up again, haha!" Sam said, he's being too happy. How could I have ever put up with this? I accidentally voice a growl of bemusement. "You alright, gurl?" Sam asked.

  "All gucci here, fam!" I tease back.

"Alrighhtt!" He high fives me, helping me out of the water and up onto the boat they were working on.

  "Nice boat you got here!~" I say with a nice ring to it.

"Yeah, we're fixing her up, wanna help? Could use a bit of your magic!" Sam laughed, almost pleading.

"Elsie.. What's wrong?" Bucky suddenly asked.

  "Nothing.. Why?" I ask, getting a little defensive.. he was being sceptical... I don't like it when he gets sceptical.

"Alright. Never mind." Bucky realised there would be no winning me over.

  "Yeah, anyway, Sam I'll help out for sure! But, Master Strange said I can't use any of my magic, too dangerous, I gotta use his teachings.. Pfft, whatever." I shrug.

"Damn, that man like yo father or somethin'?" Sam asked with a chuckle. I replied with my own measly chuckle.

  "Well, he sure caged me like my dad did! Hahah!" I curse at myself for letting that slip, but I plaster on a smile to cover it up.

Sam points to a thing he wanted me to do and I did, using my magic to help.

He and Bucky went off to the side, probably talking about their movements against Karli. I hum to myself while fulfilling the task Sam gave me. I then say hello to his sister who came to help me out.

"Something is off... Something happened between her and Dr Strange.. I can tell. Did you hear the way she spat his name?.." Bucky told Sam.

Sam nodded and said, "I agree, there's something she isn't telling us.. what she let slip just now... about her dad.. and Dr Strange.. she never says anything about her past and when she does.. there's usually a dramatic change in her behaviour, for the worse..." Sam frowned, making sure I wasn't within range to hear them.

"When you said about the evidence, 'a body'... her eyes, they looked so dangerous.. it was scary.." Bucky commented, whispering under his breath.