Chapter 20 (it never lasts, does it?)

Your POV 

I did manage to explain what had happened, even though Ayla interrupted a few times.  I knew it was her wanting to know, maybe to try helping, but it was slightly annoying.  When Ayla’s sister came back, I figured it was time to leave.  “I have to see Adrien’s dad anyway.”  I explained before leaving.  On the way to Adrien’s house, something started feeling… off.  First, it looked like everyone that had just been on the street, cars and all, had just disappeared.  As in there one second, gone the next.

Then, something that looked like a mirror appeared in front of me.  So this has to be the work of an Akuma, right?  I took a few steps closer to the mirror.  For a second, I swear I saw myself as Starfire looking back at me.  But the image looking back at me was smirking.  I heard a dark chuckle, looking around quickly.  The mirror disappeared, leaving me with nothing to see with what the Akuma might be capable of.  Or what the Akuma was in the first place.  I looked around again, trying to find something: or someone else.  But there was nothing that looked different.

Nothing looked out of place, besides the fact that everyone was gone.  Even Yin and Yang were gone.  But that shouldn't have been possible.  I still had my miraculous on.  I walked around, trying to find someone else.  Maybe I wasn't the only one.  I went to my apartment quickly.  It looked like it was getting dark.  But it hadn't been that dark when I left Ayla’s house.  If this was an Akuma attack, someone else must have been taken by now.  I looked around again.  Someone was looking around.  "Ayla?”  I asked.  Ayla turned around, but she looked mad.  “What are you doing here?”  She asked.  Why was she so mad?

“What do you mean?  I've been here since I left your house.”  I replied.  Ayla scoffed.  “Don't act innocent y/n.  You came back, almost telling my sister you were Starfire.”  She hissed.  I gasped.  “No, I didn't!  I've been here the whole time!  I can't even get out!  There's an Akuma!”  I told her.  Ayla shook her head.  She didn't believe me.  Just great.  Then I got an idea.  “Do you have Trixx with you?”  I asked.  That seemed to trigger something.  “No, actually.  I saw a mirror, and then everything seemed different.  But the same still.  Nobody else was around, and Trixx was gone.”  She replied.

I sighed.  “Yin and Yang are gone too.  I don't think kwamis can go through with us.  It's like a mirror world, but the Akuma must be the only way someone comes through it.  The Akuma wouldn't have known we had them, so of course, they wouldn't go through with us.”  I told her, motioning around us.  Ayla nodded.  “I didn't see anyone though, just the mirror.”  She said.  Then Ayla shook her head.  “But that has nothing to do with you acting out like that.”  She accused.  I shook my head.  “Whatever you saw, or whoever you saw, that wasn't me!  I've been stuck in this mirror realm since I left to go to meet Adrien’s father.”  I retorted.

Ayla took a breath, seeming to realize something.  “Wait, you were wearing a red shirt.  Now you're wearing the same s/f/c one you had before (change red to another color is that's your second favorite color).  Your hair was up/down too.”  She said.  I groaned.  The Akuma must be able to make a mirror image of someone when they trap the person.  But not a perfect duplicate of them.  Like when b/n was akumatized!  He couldn't have known everything already.  I looked around.  There was someone else here.

As it turned out, a couple of different people were in here too.  Marri’s dad, Nino, Nate, Luka, Rose, and Juleka too.  I growled softly when Ayla and I found an area nobody else was at.  “I can't believe so many people were already taken.  Chat and Ladybug should be stopping him from completing whatever he wants to do.”  I hissed.  Was this guy going to be that hard to fight?  Usually, the Akuma only took people that were close to each other… So why did all of our friends get caught?  It wasn't a school day, so they couldn't have been THAT close to each other.  And If Marri’s father was here, how didn't she get caught too?  Maybe she wasn't with her dad.