Chapter 26 (Late night running)

Your POV

It seemed a bit too easy to sneak out of Adrien’s room tonight.  Well, I planned to sneak out of the bathroom window, to be honest.  But I normally ran into Natalie usually or heard her walking around.  Closing the bathroom door, I locked it and took a step to open the window.  I paused before transforming though.  “What’s wrong y/n?”  Yin asked me.  Was it worth using Balance again?  “I want to try getting used to using Balance, but I don't know if it’s the right thing to do,”  I replied softly.

“If that’s what you want to do, you should.  You should be able to use the miraculous no matter how you may need to.”  Yang assured me.  I smiled a bit.  If I got to know Balance better, maybe he could tell me what ‘Revelation’ was really for and why I had a fan and sword.  I would just have to be careful.  Though it might be easier hiding just Balance over both Yin and Yang… I took a breath.  “Yin, Yang, unify,”  I said quickly.  There was a flash of light just like before, and then Balance was back in front of me.  He seemed a bit disoriented for a moment.

“Oh, hello again.  I believe last time I was unable to properly introduce myself.”  Balance started after realizing I was there.  “My name is Balance.  I am the kwami of the Spirit and Equality.”  He greeted me.  I smiled softly.  “Y/n l/n.  It’s great to meet you officially.”  I replied.  Balance went on to explain how to transform.  “So what does revelation do?”  I asked.  Balance smiled in reply.

“It allows for the truth to be revealed.  It shows you what can not be seen with the human eye.  It can take on many different appearances.  A voice, it could remove an illusion, a possible way or path to help, in the past: even an item has appeared.  It will all depend on the situation.”  He explained.  That made sense then.  No wonder the maze disappeared.  It showed me the truth and then took away the illusion.  Though now I had to meet up with Chat noir.  “Do you have something you like to eat to regain your energy?”  I asked.  Hopefully, it wasn't something too crazy.

“I usually prefer some kind of meat if you’re able to do so.”  Balance replied.  He was so formal about the way he spoke.  I wondered why.  I could probably ask about it another time.  “Balance, watch the scales,”  I ask quickly.  Feeling my new outfit appearing on me.  I had a feeling it would take some time to get used to this new look.  My ears and talk were larger, so maybe my hearing was slightly better.  Only really one way to find out though.

Though I had to eventually ask why this form came with a fan and a sword.  Most of the others only had one weapon or could duplicate the same weapon.  Why did Balance give me two different weapons at once?  I sighed, jumping out the window and up into the roof.  Chat and I was supposed to meet by the Eiffel Tower.  So that’s probably where he was going to be.  I wanted to know what this form could do as well, so maybe I could test my new limits on the way and for tonight.

Finding the tower was always the easy part.  I could even see Chat up near the top of the tower waiting for me.  I climbed up, feeling pretty excited about tonight's patrol.  Chat turned when he heard me land behind him, seeming surprised at my appearance.  “Woah, what’s with the mew outfit?”  He asked.  I smiled a bit.  “Not that it doesn’t look meow-nificent on you, m’lady,”  Chat added slyly.  Of course, he had to add another pun so soon.  I shook my head a bit, walking over to where he was waiting.

“If you care to know, this is how I'm supposed to look.  If the wolf miraculous hadn’t been altered and used two kwamies instead of one.”  I explained calmly.  Chat chuckled a bit.  “Well, I think you’ve got some pretty cool purrks if you ask me.”  He answered smoothly.  Well, at least he was branching out about the puns he used.  Where did he even get them all from?  “You had better be careful about searching up puns, Kitty.  Or you’ll reveal your identity.”  I warned him.

Chat feigned offense.  “I am offended you would think so little for me, m’lady.  I happen to think I’m pawsome at coming up with puns on my own, thank you.”  He replied.  Which made me laugh a bit.  “Why do I have such a hard time believing all of your puns are made on the fly?”  I inquired sarcastically, shaking my head again after a moment.  “No matter, we’ve got a job to do tonight,”  I added.

Chat had something on his mind though.  I could tell.  It took him too long to ask.  “If this is a different form, what are you going to be called now?”  Chat noir asked.  It was a good thing I had decided that beforehand.  “Fenrir,”  I replied.  “The name essentially means strength, ferocity, destiny, and inevitability.  And the mark or figure that coincides with the name always appears in the form of a wolf.”  I explained.  Chat took a moment to reply for once.

“I don’t mind.  I still get to call you m’lady, Wolfie.”  He answered with a chuckle.  Of course, he would think of it that way.  We paused by the Louvre Art museum for a while.  There weren’t any signs of a late-night akuma.  “Perhaps Hawkmoth decided to go to sleep for once.”  I mused.  Chat crouched down next to me.  “Maybe he did.  Though I wouldn’t mind staying up if it means being with you, mon loup.”  He answered instead.  I somewhat got an idea.

Pushing his shoulder to topple his balance.  “Who told you that you could keep calling me that?  I told you when we fought the Silver Shadow that I’m not ‘your wolf’.”  I told him.  Chat ran a hand through his hair, somewhat scratching the back of his neck.  “You never said to not call you that, mon loup.”  He replied.  I stood back up after a moment.  “Well, I think we should turn in for the night.  If there is an akuma attack, later on, our kwamies will be able to wake us up and alert us.  We’ll stop Hawkmoth as we have before.”  I said eventually, going to head back to Adrien’s house.

Chat grabbed my arm before I could leave, turning me to face him again.  “Why don’t you stay for a while?  We can talk about anything.”  He suggested.  I sighed.  It had already been too long for me.  I had to get back before someone tried using the bathroom and realized I wasn’t there.  “I’m sorry, Chat.  But I can’t tonight.  It’s… It’s complicated.”  I replied, pulling away from him.  Chat sighed, his ears folding down.

Well, now I was going to feel bad about leaving him.  I paused for a moment.  Just quickly kissing his cheek, and turning red in the process.  “I’ll see you next time, Chat.  Get some sleep.”  I told him before leaving.

Adrien’s POV

I watched y/n leave, feeling just shocked.  Bringing a hand up to my cheek.  The one she kissed.  Y/n kissed my cheek.  Wait… she was going back to my room!  I had to get back before she did so she didn’t realize I was Chat noir.  I could feel my cheeks burning.  Y/n kissed my cheek as Chat noir.  Did that mean she liked Chat noir?  She didn’t do that to me as Adrien.  We only hugged mostly.  But it felt similar.  Y/n relaxed when we hugged.

I just hoped I got back before she did.  I leaped through my window, which I left open by accident.  “Claws in,”  I said softly, giving Plagg camembert and jumping into bed before the door opened.  Y/n closed the room door behind her carefully.  She was being so careful about trying not to wake me up.  If only she knew that I knew she was Starfire or Fenrir, I guess now.  Maybe we could work together more.  But I wasn’t supposed to have found out about her secret.

She would probably hate me for it.  I couldn’t lose her as such a good friend or as anything else.  Y/n went to the couch, where she’d been sleeping this whole time.  Always insisting she didn’t mind.  It took some time before I was able to get to sleep.  It felt like I had just gotten to sleep before the alarm went off, announcing it was time to wake up for school.