Chapter 16 (worst battle ever)

Your POV

Chat and I must have looked around almost twenty city blocks, and we still didn’t find Ladybug.  The akuma had made quite a few appearances along the way. “Looks like we’re going to have to stop them by ourselves Loup.”  Chat said. “Seems so Chaton.” I muttered, rolling my eyes. The akuma showed up again. “Speaking of.” I growled. Chat took his baton out again.  The sun was coming up, that’s how long we had been looking for Ladybug. I knew we weren’t going to find Ayla as Rena Rouge any time soon. She had lost Trix at some point after de-transforming.  Ayla promised to not stop looking for Trixx until she found her. I didn’t want to think what would happen if Marri found Ayla before she found Trixx.

I took a whip out and a short sword.  I half growled. This wasn’t the Marionette I knew.  Hawkmoth had taken her nice, compassionate mindset away: and replaced it with a cruel, uncaring one.  Chat stood up. “The akuma has to be in the quiver. It’s the only place that makes sense.” I said. Chat nodded.  His look said he had a plan. “I’ll try to buy you some time. I should be able to delay them just long enough you can get the quiver.  You do that however you have to. Just get me the quiver and I’ll do the rest.” I said. Chat nodded. “Got it Wolfie.” He answered. Now was not the time to be messing around Chat.  I jumped down so I could come up from behind the akuma.

I went around the building and made my way up a fire escape as quietly as I could.  I jumped up, the akuma was trying to hit Chat with a spear. I got closer, until the akuma turned around.  “Daybreak!” I growled, throwing the net and ducking a spear. I almost rolled off the roof. “Starfire!” Chat called out.  I looked up. No… I’d missed the akuma! That’s impossible! I’d never missed before! My miraculous beeped. “Sh*t.” I whined.  Now I really had to get away. “Get out of here Starfire!” Chat called. I shook my head, trying to clear away the shock. “I’ll take care of her, just get away!”  He added. I nodded, jumping down and catching a lamppost with my whip.

I swung down.  Maybe I could get to my apartment before I timed out.  Nope, I got down to just one paw pad before I got within a block of my apartment.  Good thing I was closer to Ayla’s house. I swung over and, after making sure nobody would see, tapped on her window.  Ayla opened it after seeing it was me. “What happened?” She whispered, letting me in. I sighed, my miraculous timing out.  “I really messed up now. Chat trusted me to try and freeze the akuma.” I started, my eyes watering again. But it wasn’t from the attack this time.  I sat on Ayla’s bed. “What happened, y/n?!” Ayla half demanded. “I missed my throw! I threw my net at the same time the akuma threw a spear at me, and I missed.”  I snapped back.

Ayla shook her head.  She sat next to me. “It’s okay y/n.  Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. You can’t blame yourself all the time.”  She assured me. “Chat said to get away. I did and now I regret it. He could get seriously hurt and it would be all my fault.”  I added. Ayla didn’t move for a moment. Then, I was on the floor. “Hey, that hurt!” I said, sitting back up. Got some way of making me feel better Ayla, kicking me off the bed is totally the best thing to do.  “Stop blaming yourself girl. You can’t blame yourself when something goes wrong.” She said, helping me get back up. “Good thing my parents aren’t here. They’d want to know why I didn’t ask before letting someone in the house.  I can just tell my little sisters that you came over after they went to sleep.” Ayla added. I nodded slowly.

(Very small time skip.  You’re outside the school now, after school.  You’re also wearing a hat that’s your favorite two colors.  The bill is in the front.)

Ayla and I were waiting outside the school.  I had Adrien on speaker over a call on my phone. ‘’I hope Marionette is okay.  She didn’t come to school. ‘’ Adrien said. I looked at Ayla. “Yeah, we do too.”  Ayla said. “Everything okay over there Adrien? Any idea why your father said not to go to school?”  I asked. I heard subtle movements. ‘’No… I don’t. Sorry guys, it must have been weird. Without two friends there. ‘’  He half explained. Why did Adrien sound like he was running? Chloe and Sabrina were coming over. “Hey, Adrien I have to go.  Chloe and Sabrina are coming this way.” I said, hanging up.