Chapter 10 (Not another one ruined)

Your POV

I knew an hour hadn't even passed yet, but I had to get out of here soon. I did manage to get away from Chat, and the cameras. Ayla found me as herself, asking to go somewhere outside for a quick question. Turned out, she knew just how awkward things had gotten and found a way to get me away from everyone to de transform. "Thanks Ayla." I told her once we were away. "No problem, now hurry up. Adrien's showing up soon." She teased. I half growled. "I've told you to stop that. People are really going to start listening to what you say, and it'll be that much harder to keep them from trying to figure me out. I don't need anymore people checking up on me in my secret life." I said lowly. Ayla rolled her eyes. I sighed. "Time to decombine." I said softly. Ayla made a soft gasping sound. I looked at my dress, which hadn't been very new, and gasped myself. I was now wearing a new looking long/medium length f/c and s/f/c dress with a s/f/c ribbon tied around my waist. My hair, still n/h/c thankfully, was down with a f/c headband/ up in a (preferred hairstyle). I had in f/c flats/sneakers. My mask was f/c and s/f/c. It kind of looked like my mask as Starfire, but it had subtle differences to it.

"Woah! I guess your kwamies really put thought into that dress." Ayla said. I shook my head. "Let's just get back inside before someone comes out. We can say Starfire had to leave early and I was coming down the street, so you decided to wait for me." I said quickly. Ayla nodded. We went inside, and just as I thought, people were waiting for Ayla to come back with Starfire. They took pictures anyway, probably because of the dress I was wearing now. I saw Chat noir look over from the snack table. I looked away from him and followed Ayla to wish Chloe a happy birthday. Chloe wasn't my favorite person in the world, but it was always nice to wish someone a good birthday. I wish I hadn't tried. "Oh my god! Where did you get that dress!" Chloe screamed when she saw me. I had the urge to cover my ears. "Um... My father found it in one of my mother's old boxes we took with us. I don't really know where it came from." I made up. Chloe went on and on about how much she loved the dress, until I was made up an excuse to get away that is.

I grabbed a slice of cake/cupcake to eat before looking for Ayla again. I realized only now that my miraculous didn't look very out of place with my dress. I finished the cake/cupcake before even seeing anyone I knew. Just my luck, it wasn't Ayla. It was Adrien. I didn't mind I'd found him first, but I couldn't tell how he would react to what I was wearing. I took a breath before saying anything. "Hey Adrien, nice to see there's someone else here that doesn't know where to go." I said, making Adrien turn. It seemed he had something to say, but then just didn't. "Wow... n/n, you look... beautiful." He said eventually. I could feel myself blush softly. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I responded. Adrien seemed to want to say something, but just didn't know how to. "Hey you two." Ayla said while walking over. She'd found Nino, Nate AND Marri somehow in the time it took me to find Adrien. Had she put a tracker on us at one point to know where we were or something? That just seemed too much like something Ayla would do.

Everyone talked for a while. "Hey Ayla, where did Starfire go?" Marri asked. "She had to go somewhere. Guess she forgot she had to do something very important, she said that she might not be able to come back." Ayla said confidently. Had she been thinking about that the whole time? Marri nodded. "Guess that makes sense... You look amazing by the way n/n." She added. I smiled softly. "Thanks Marionette. But this dress isn't that great, it's something to remember my mother, so I chose to wear it. We weren't really that close, but I like to think we were." I replied. The others nodded. The song that came next sounded way too familiar. It was the same song that was used for the blackout video. Why would they put this song on?! I could at least pretend to have looked through the Ladyblog so the others didn't feel the need to explain why this song made them sad again. "Wow, I can't believe they put this song on. That blackout video had the same song, you guys really must miss your friend." I said softly.

Nino and Nate nodded. "Yeah y/n was the one signing." Nathanael said. I took a breath. "I can tell you guys all miss your friend, but that doesn't mean you can't still be happy. I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you to keep missing her, she would want you to be happy for the time you had with her. Missing someone is normal, but letting them live on in your hearts doesn't mean you can't move on a little." I said softly. Marri looked a bit shocked. "Where'd you learn that?" She asked. "That's deep." Nino said. I looked down. "It was what the pastor said at my mother's funeral." I made up. Well, it had been somewhat what a pastor on the TV had said about grief during a mother's funeral, so that wasn't a total lie. Marri nodded. We spoke for a while longer until there was a scream. "Where is Chloe?!" A voice yelled. Of course someone would be akumatized, and their target was Chloe already. Everyone scattered as someone came into the room, clearly the person who had been akumatized.

The girl was wearing pink and black. Her mask gave off a very weird vibe to me. The girl moved her hands in a weird motion, like she was blowing up something. A black orb flew from her hands and trapped a small group of kids, in what looked like a black balloon. I half growled, turning to run. A black orb appeared right in front of me. She missed. Girl needs to work on her aim. I ducked under another balloon. "Get back here!" They hissed. I ran out the door and down the street. I found Ayla in an alley. "That was way too close y/n." She gasped, trying to catch her breath. I nodded in agreement. "We've got to get this done quickly. Those balloons won't hold air forever." I stated. Ayla and I transformed quickly and jumped onto the roof to head back to the hotel. All we could do was mainly just avoid getting trapped in one of the balloon-type orbs the akuma was throwing our way.

It wasn't too long before Chat and Ladybug showed up. We got akuma surrounded at one point, but they just disappeared into thin air. "What?" Rena Rouge asked, clearly as shocked as any of us were right now. We could all hear footsteps above us now. "They must have teleported to the next floor." Ladybug told everyone. We went up the stairs quickly to find the akuma was in Chloe's room, maybe they decided to leave us to look for her. Geez, what did Chloe do this time? She didn't deserve to have her birthday ruined like this. This time when the akuma teleported, there was only one place they could go: the roof. "This person really has no plan. They've only tried to trap you and I, but since Chat and LB have shown up: it's like they don't want to fight anymore. This has to be a trick to try and trap us somehow." I told Ayla. She nodded. "Well, we can only really hope that doesn't happen."

I nodded. We got to the roof. The person launched another batch of balloons at us. I used my sword to avoid being trapped. This went on until the person teleported again. I groaned. "This is the first time the most an akuma has done is run. We have to figure out their plan." Ladybug said. Everyone nodded. Chat smirked. "I've got an idea." He stated. Wow, that was something. "Okay... let's hear it." Alya said. Chat having an idea, this should be good. "Rena Rouge, do you remember where the akuma teleported from in the party?" Chat asked. Ayla nodded. "Okay, go there. Starfire, see if you can find exactly when the villain was in that bedroom." He said... Oh, I could see what Chat was talking about. LB seemed to get the same idea. "Lucky Charm!" She said, A spool of thread was returned. I heard more screams. "I'll get to the bedroom. You do... whatever you have to Chat." I said, turning to the stairs.

As I got to the room, I saw Chat drop down past the window. He must be starting whatever his plan was. Now all I could do was wait. There were no black balloons in here, maybe I should stay here to de transform. Nobody would know why I was here. I could say I hid under the bed, it was still right side up. I heard a growl. Looked like Ayla had found the villain. I took a step back. The villain appeared in the exact same place she had before. I half growled, bringing my sword out again. The villain threw another balloon at me before disappearing. "Miraculous Ladybug!" A voice rang out. I could see the sweeping magic from Ladybug's extra ability go through the hall. I went into the closet. "Time to de combine." I whispered.