Chapter 12 (a good start)

Your POV (the next morning)

I woke up to the sound of giggling.  I opened my eyes and looked around. There was something f/c hanging in my vision.  I sat up. Chloe, Ayla and Marri were in the doorway. “What’s going on guys?” I asked.  The three of them all laughed again and ran away. Oh no, Ayla had my phone! “Hey! Give that back!  You guys!” I shouted after them, pulling my sneakers/flats on and running after them. I found them in the living room.  Adrien, Luka, Nino and Sabrina were already there. They looked shocked before bursting out laughing. I looked for Ayla. “Give that back Ayla!”  I half growled. Wait, what even was on my head? I reached up and pulled off a pair of f/c cat ears. Oh no. I reached behind my back. Sure enough, it was a/n f/c cat tail.  “What the h*ll!?” I shouted, that only made everyone laugh harder.

Adrien came over, showing a picture to me.  He took a picture. “Delete that!” I said quickly.  Adrien pulled his phone away before I could grab it. “I think I’ll keep it, you look cute.”  He taunted me. I half growled. The others just laughed even harder. “Oh, so you think that’s funny?”  I said, walking to the couch and picking up a pillow. I turned and threw it at Ayla, who still hadn’t given me my phone back.  She stumbled back. Oops, too hard. I laughed slightly. “Oh, really?” Ayla said, picking the pillow up and throwing it back. I ducked the pillow.  Adrien made a ‘umph’ sound. Oh, Ayla hit him instead of me. Hah, served him right. I laughed again. “We’ll see what’s funny.” Adrien said, grabbing the pillow.  I ducked his first swipe and grabbed another pillow off the couch. He did hit behind my knee, making my balance fail. Everyone was laughing again, but now I was joining them in it.  Three more pillows hit me before I could get up. “Hey, no fair! You guys are teaming, I’m calling cheats!” I got out between breaths.

I got up and swung the pillow at whoever was close enough.  Well, whoever it was hit the ground. Oops, I really had to watch how hard I swung.  Something ‘clanked’ against the floor. Sh*t, those were Ayla’s glasses! “Oh my god.  Ayla I’m so sorry! I didn’t think I’d swung that hard.” I said, trying to help her up.  Ayla picked her glasses up. Shoot, a lense was cracked. “Dammit, I’m so sorry.” I said, backing away slightly.  Ayla put her glasses back on, even though she wouldn’t be able to see very well anymore. “Hey girl. It’s okay, no big deal.  It was an accident.” She assured me. I took a breath. Two pillows were thrown at Ayla and I. Adrien and Nino laughed even harder.  Ayla and I exchanged looks. Oh, she definitely knew what I was thinking. We both grabbed the pillows and ran at the boys, swinging the pillows simultaneously.  The pillows broke, feathers flying everywhere.

Someone had brought a lot more pillows out.  They were being broken one by one now. I made it my goal to hit Adrien as many times as possible, and he seemed very glad to return every one of my attacks.  Chloe, Luka and Sabrina were just hitting people at random. Ayla and Nino were going against each other. The pillow I was using broke, wow, that was the third one.  I paused to take a breath, Adrien throwing another swing and knocking me over. I just let myself lay there, catching my breath. “You-good-n/n?” Adrien asked, sitting next to me.  I nodded. “Y-yeah. Just-out of -breath.” I replied. Adrien laid down. I rolled onto my side and looked at him. Adrien chuckled, only making me blush and laugh too. “Never thought Chloe knew what a pillow fight was.”  I gasped. Adrien nodded. “Yeah, we used to fight like this all the time when we were younger.” He recalled.

We just laid there and caught our breath.  The others hadn’t even noticed yet, busy tormenting each other still.  Adrien and I sat up. I leaned against Adrien’s shoulder lightly, letting my eyes close for a moment.  Adrien chuckled. “What was with the cat ears and tail? Was that your idea Adri?” I asked softly. It felt like it had been too long since I’d used that nickname for him.  Adrien just replied with, “Maybe it was, and maybe it wasn’t a/n/n (Adrien’s nickname for you).”  I sighed.  Well, at least Adrien had been laughing.  I felt Adrien turn his head. His soft lips pressed gently against my forehead lightly.  I blushed again, not really knowing what to do now. Someone squealed, “Victory is mine!”  I sat up, leaned off of Adrien and looked over at them. “That’s only because everyone else is completely wiped out, Ayla.”  I said tiredly. Ayla laughed again. I laughed with her lightly. 

I looked around.  Wow the living room was covered in feathers from the pillows.  We must have broken like twenty of them. I sighed. “We should help clean up.”  I said, getting up slowly. I ended up stumbling. Head rush… just great. Everyone grabbed a bowl of cereal to eat before grabbing something to carry or sweep up the feathers.  Chloe looked like she wasn’t going to help, before she grabbed a bag and started putting the feathers into it. She had a slow pace, but it was a good start. I could tell Ayla was surprised Chloe was actually doing something.  “It’s a start, right?” I asked her. Ayla nodded. “Yeah, what did you tell her?” She replied. I looked around. “I tripped up last night. She knows who I am now, but promised not to tell anyone. After the akuma attack, she was crying in the bathroom.  I convinced her to try and be nicer to people, so she didn’t feel like everyone hated her.” I explained softly.

Ayla and I didn’t really talk much after that.  It felt like forever until that mess was cleaned up.  Everyone got their things together so they could leave.  had to run up to Chloe’s room to grab that bag with my dress.  Luckily, nobody had opened it. My “mom’s dress’ was back to the long/medium f/c dress it had been before.  “Some night, huh y/n?” Someone asked. I turned. It was just Chloe. I sighed. “Yeah… thanks for inviting me Chloe.”  I replied. Chloe smiled softly. “I’ll see you at school.” I said, walking back downstairs. Adrien was the only one still downstairs.  “Forgot something?” I asked. Adrien stood up, looking at me. “I was actually waiting for you.” He said quickly. He was waiting for me?  I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly again. “You didn’t have to wait for me Adrien. I wouldn’t want your father to get mad at you.” I said to him calmly.  Adrien and I walked out and down the street. “My father doesn’t know that we got up this early. I’ll tell him.” He explained. I nodded, realizing something only just now.  I’d forgotten we were still in pajamas.

“Oh god.”  I muttered, looking around.  “What is it?” Adrien asked. “I totally forgot we are wearing pajamas.”  I muttered. Nobody seemed to notice… yet at least. Adrien chuckled. Something touched my shoulders.  It was Adrien’s jacket. “Don’t you need this?” I asked. Adrien shrugged. “Well, I’m not wearing pajamas: you are, a/n/n.”  Adrien said, adding that new nickname softly. Oh, was he going to start calling me that now? At least it wasn’t weird, it was actually kind of cute.  But I guess I didn’t notice Adrien changed at all. “Oops?” I half asked with a small laugh. We stopped so I could pull the jacket on completely. We headed to my apartment so I could change clothes and put my dress away.  I had to give Chloe these pajamas back. Adrien called his father to say he was going to be on his way back home in half an hour. I got clothes to change into and put the pjs in the hamper so I could wash them. “Have you talked to your brother at all y/n?”  Adrien asked from the other side of the door.

I sighed.  “No. I haven’t contacted him at all.  I don’t know if our parents will find out.  They’ll want to see me, and I know other people will find out.  I don’t want anyone else to know yet. I’ll tell everyone when I’m ready.”  I explained. I opened the door. Adrien was a few feet away. “You should at least let him know you’re okay y/n.”  He said, I nodded. “I know… you’re right.” I sighed, going over to grab my phone. The door opened slowly. Adrien came in as I sat on my bed.  I went into my contacts and pulled up b/n’s number. What if he changed it? No, he wouldn’t change it. He knew I was alive, and he would probably think I would want to talk to him.

I hesitated.  “He’s your brother y/n.  He won’t be mad, I’m sure he’ll be glad you called.”  Adrien said from the foot of the bed. I took a breath.  “I’ll talk to him in the living room. It’s nothing to do with you Adri.  I just need to talk to him without feeling watched. He might think I’m lying and something’s wrong when there isn’t.”  I explained. Adrien nodded. I went back into the living room and dialed b/n’s phone number.