Chapter 1 (Black and White)

Your POV

I ducked into an alleyway to avoid the cars, it was morning now. People would be going to work and to school. A person my age just walking around like this would be cause for alarm. "I hope Ladybug didn't get hurt." I whispered, remembering how she had tried to help me. Once the cars passed, I half sprinted towards the Garden. I knew that once I saw the flower growing through a part of the wood, I had made it. I looked around before going inside. As soon as the board moved back to its original place, a blinding light turned on. I lifted my arm up so I would be somewhat ready to defend against an attack if one came. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" A voice ordered. I recognized that voice very quickly. "Ayla?" I asked. The light disappeared. "Oh my god! Y/n!" Ayla exclaimed. She ran over and hugged me. I hugged her back lightly. Ayla pulled away. "What did you think you were doing? Taking off your miraculous and sending Yin and Yang here alone was the worst idea you've ever had!" Ayla hissed. I sighed. Of course she had figured that out. "If I was caught by those guys again, they were going to take the wolf miraculous and sell it. Yin and Yang would have to follow the commands of whoever paid the highest price for it. I had them come here so they could return it to Master Fu if I wasn't able to come here and get it back." I explained.

Ayla nodded. Trixx peaked out. "Did they make it here?" I asked. Yin and Yang suddenly appeared right in front of me. "We were so worried about you y/n!" Yin said. I half smiled. "I know, I'm sorry." I said. "But how'd you get out? Nobody saw you come out before the building collapsed. It was on fire y/n!" Ayla exclaimed. I laughed slightly. "Yeah, I know. I did that." I started. "I'd set some plastic on fire in the basement so those guys would leave. B/n found me, I told him to not tell anyone that he knew I had gotten out." I finished. Ayla nodded. "They're thinking about proclaiming you deceased y/n." Ayla claimed. I'd known that, but it still made me freeze.

A sudden scream come from somewhere. I knew what that meant. "Someone's been akumatized! Yin, Yang where's the wolf miraculous?" I asked quickly. They showed me where the necklace was. I put it on as quickly as I could, while looking around to see if anyone was nearby. Ayla looked where I couldn't see clearly. "It's all clear." She said. I nodded. "Yin, Yang combine!" I said quickly. "Trixx, let's pounce!" Ayla said. Once making sure nobody heard us transform, Ayla and I went to check where the scream had come from. "I'll check over by the tower, you check by the museum." I said. Ayla nodded. I looked around. A lot of the buildings, which had been full of color not too long ago, were turning shades of black, grey and white. It was horrific to watch. I saw, who looked like, Chat noir, so I jumped over to him. He was wearing all grey, but it was a very dark grey. It wasn't so dark it was black, but it was still dark either way. Maybe he had used one of the macaroons Master Fu had given us already? "Hey, Chat. Any idea where the akuma is?" I asked, walking over to him. Chat turned, making me freeze. His usually emerald green eyes were completely yellow. They looked even more like a real cat's eyes,

his pupils had even become slits.

I realized what had happened right away. Chat noir had been akumatized. "You were supposed to show up. You never did!" Chat hissed, swinging his baton at me. I jumped back. "What are you talking about? Chat noir, I never agreed to meet you anywhere!" I countered. Chat hissed. "Chat noir is dead! I am Dark Lynx! You will know my pain, by losing everything, and everyone, you care about!" He snarled, hitting the roof. The roof vibrated, making me have to jump to another one to avoid falling through the roof. The building was losing its color quickly. "Come on, Ladybug, Rena Rouge, where are you two?" I muttered. Chat, well... Dark Lynx now, had disappeared. Wherever he was, that place must change color faster. I spotted where the color was draining, recognizing what it was immediately. I jumped over towards the bakery. There was a scream from the top floor. "Marri!" I exclaimed. When I got to Marionette's room, she was being held by Dark Lynx. He snarled holding his baton in his other hand. "Tell me the truth, or you'll see what I'm really capable of." Dark Lynx threatened. "Don't do it Starfire! Don't let Hawkmoth win!" Marri pleaded. 'Chat, what could have happened to you for to get yourself akumatized?' I thought. "Never! You'll never win!" I growled. Lynx raised his baton and hit Marionette with it. She turned grey, and started looking completely miserable. I half froze.

Why was Chat doing this? "I'll just keep hurting everyone you know, over and over until you give up." Lynx threatened. I growled. "I won't let you hurt anyone else!" I snarled, summoning two swords and raising them. Dark Lynx showed his teeth and jumped through the roof. I grabbed Marri and took her down stairs so she wouldn't get trapped under the debri from the roof. Her parents must have gone out, at least they had been safe for this part of the attack. "Don't worry Marri... I'll get you back to normal. I just hope Ladybug and Ayla haven't been hurt yet." I muttered softly, going back outside. Lynx was waiting for me. As soon as I stepped outside, a car flew at me. I used my swords to cut it in half, looking at where the car had flown from. I saw Lynx charging towards me. "Darksun!" I shouted, throwing the net at him just as it was appearing. Dark Lynx froze mid-step, giving me some room to breath. I sighed, looking for where the akuma might be hiding. It wouldn't be his ring, Hawkmoth wasn't dumb enough to use that trick again. Lynx growled, starting to break free of the net. "No way, it's supposed to hold for twenty seconds. That wasn't even ten." I growled. My miraculous beeped softly. "I've got to recharge." I whispered, quickly sprinting down an alleyway.

I de transformed right as a line of shops came into view. I hadn't been able to grab fruit snacks for Yin and Yang. "Y/n, that store isn't locked." Yin said, motioning to a store that had its door open slightly. I nodded. "I just hope nothing happened to LB and Ayla. I don't think I'll be able to face Chat on my own." I said. Yin and Yang stayed silent. I jogged over to the store, the owner was hiding behind the counter. I grabbed a handful of gummies, went to the counter, putting more than enough money down. I had to make I sure I left before the guy saw who I was. I found part of a building that had fallen and hid under it. I gave Yin and Yang the gummies. "Eat quickly guys, I have a feeling Chat is somewhere nearby. He may have already gotten to Ladybug and Ayla. Looks like we'll have to stop him by ourselves." I said, taking a breath. "It'll be too risky to go to Master Fu's for help, Hawkmoth would find out where the other miraculous' are, and who The Guardian is. I just know he'll have 'Dark Lynx' follow me, I don't want to put Master Ru at risk too." I added, looking around the corner slightly. "Where are you?" A voice snarled loudly.

I ducked back to avoid being spotted right away. "He's here. Let's go y/n." Yang said. I nodded, walking out slowly and trying to make it look like I was just going somewhere to hide. "There you are!" The voice growled. I looked around, just avoiding getting hit by Dark Lynx's baton. "So you really tried to hide from me Starfire?" Lynx hissed. There was no way he knew that it was me, nobody knew the truth. Only Ayla and Master Fu did. "I-I don't know w-what you're talking about. I-I'm not S-Starfire." I said, backing away slowly. Lynx growled. "Lies! You know exactly what I'm talking about." He growled. I tripped, and landed next to something. A building that had collapsed had been an apartment complex. Next to me lay an air freshener. It was very slightly punctured, releasing some of the scent. I recognized the scent quickly. It was 'Summer Ocean Breeze' the same scent that Ladybug had used so Animan couldn't catch our scents while we were planning that trap for him. I grabbed the bottle. I covered the hole in the side. and sprayed it in Lynx's face. He hissed and started swiping at me, blindly now, while I ran. "Coward! Face me like the hero you are!" He hissed, though the spray couldn't have left his vision yet.

I found an alley about two blocks away. "Yin, Yang combine!" I yelled hurriedly. I jumped up and looked around for him. "Where has that Cat... well Lynx gotten too?" I muttered. The whole building shook. "Guess there's the answer." I growled, jumping to another building. Dark Lynx growled and jumped up onto the roof. He raised his baton, to try and hit me with it probably. 'That has to be where the akuma is.' I thought. "Darksun!" I shouted. The net, his form, and the chimney lit up with paw prints. I growled and raised the net. Just as I'd thought, Dark Lynx veered to the left to try and avoid the net. I jumped, kicked off the chimney and threw the net. The net snagged and tripped Dark Lynx, paralyzing him in the same moment. I grabbed his baton. "I feel really bad about doing this, but it has to be done." I whispered, snapping the baton in half. Our weapons were supposed to be unbreakable. The akuma fluttered out of the pieces and up. "Daybreak!" I said, being blinded by the lights again. Everytime I did that, I was able to recover just a little bit faster. As soon as I touched the roof again, I looked at where 'Dark Lynx' had been. Chat noir sat up slowly, rubbing his head. "What happened?" I heard him say softly. I half ran over to Chat, putting my arms around him quickly.