Chapter 3 | The Mancave

there, the door opened. a huge room with peculiar things, I'd never seen quite like it. a computer system at the end of the room, with screens covering the wall showing the city of Swellview.

a circular couch was next to it, id noticed there were logos everywhere, which seemed familiar but had not pictured where i'd seen it before.

next to the elevator were these huge tubes. like a test tube you'd have in a chemistry class, but human sized. I felt like I was dreaming.

I was lying on the floor from the impact of the elevator, ray, henry and charlotte stepped over me.

"welcome to the man cave!" said ray. I didn't say anything back. "now, let me ask you some questions first".

I stood up and walked over to them and brushed off my skirt. I stood on the huge weird looking logo which was on the floor.

ray then began to ask me the weirdest questions. like what my favourite ice cream was, or if i preferred cars or helicopters. when I ran here I was preparing questions to ask myself like if id have any job experience before, or why id like the job. not what my favourite ice cream flavour was.

"hmmm, I like it. now, can you keep a secret Alana?" ray asked.

"ray not the time!" charlotte shouted. "shes only just got here, we don't even know if shes trustworthy. she might be a criminal undercover, you never know."

"ehhh I don't think she is" said ray."she seems just the fit.

I saw henry smile from the corner of my eye.

Ray then began to get a tube out of his pocket, inside were mini glowing little gumballs. he put one in his mouth and started chewing.

"im gonna blow your mind" he said. I didn't say anything back.

he blew a bubble and then came a huge glow, he had changed his outfit, "thats where I knew him from," i said in my mind.

"y-you're captain man!" I stuttered. I was in utter shock.

"Oh my gosh I've seen you everywhere, well not in person, uhh until now but on the tv, all my friends talk about you all the time they l-"

ray interrupted my sentence. I looked behind me and there henry was, he was kid danger.

I felt dizzy and almost fainted, but I didn't, I was so shocked. Henry opened his mouth to say something until charlotte shouted that she was going home on purpose, she rolled her eyes at me and went up the elevator door.

"so how do you feel that you're standing in the presence of captain man and kid danger?" said henry.

"I dont know how to feel, i didn't know this would happen, but why do you need me? why did you put out this advert?" I said

"Junk N' Stuff is our hideout" ray said. "and underneath is the mancave, well hidden, isn't it?"

ray sat down on the couch, henry followed him, they both looked concerned.

"crime in swellview is soaring up the roof, more and more problems every day, more than us and the cops can handle. and henry is growing up, and when he's at school he can't come and help me, so we need someone to joi-"

"I CAN DO IT!" I spluttered.

"good! because you are perfect for my second sidekick, alongside me and kid danger, when we need extra help or henry is busy, you will fill his space." ray said.

"I can help with anything I swear, anything you ask me to do something and ill do it, oh gosh, I can't wait to tell my mom!-"

"HEY! You cannot tell anyone, or anything, on who our identities are or who you are, if anyone asks, you work as a cleaner at Junk N' Stuff, nothing else. If you tell someone it will be extremely dangerous, promise?"

"okay, I promise." I then began to take an oath on not to tell anyone who I am.

I was screaming inside, I was so excited, and that's the day where I became,

Girl Danger.