Chapter 12 | The Next Day

It was the day after my first mission, and my first kiss.

I came into the house by sneaking in the window, I didn't want my mom to hear me come through the door or she'll question me on where I've been all night.

I woke up with butterflies in my stomach, it was a Sunday and I had school tomorrow. I only work at 'Junk N' Stuff' 6 days a week so today is my day off. Well, for me only, not for Ray, Henry and Charlotte.

I was too busy thinking about Henry that I completely forgot about the incident that happened with Charlotte, and what her 'revenge' was.

Maybe it was just a threat so I could be scared.

Or was it?

All day I was practicing my fighting skills so I could do my missions alone, I changed into my favourite gym clothes to get motivated. I didn't want to rely on someone else to fight my battles.

I pretended there was a criminal in my room, I pretended him as my bedroom door.

I was punching it and kicking it, dodging all the fake hits and punches.

I was sweating like crazy.

"Almost there!" I thought. "Soon enough I'll be as good as Henry, or even Ray!"

I looked out the window, it was dark outside.

"Night already? Gosh! That came quick!"

I headed downstairs for food, I made my favourite dish, lasagne. Mom was at work, she works on a Sunday now, to pay off debt.

I took my food upstairs and ate it all, I had a shower and got ready for bed early for school.

I couldn't wait to see Henry.