Chapter 23 | The Mancave

We arrived back at the Mancave, Schwoz landed the man copter on the helicoper pad.

"Well, it looks like it's my time to leave, goodbye everyone!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"Wait." Ray said whilst rolling his eyes. "Come on in."

We entered the Mancave via the tubes. There was Charlotte.

"Ray I need to tell you something, everything I said about Alana was a lie, everything. I was just jealous so I got her fired. I'm so sorry Alana."

"Hm. It's fine I guess." I replied.

Henry rolled his eyes. "I knew it, Char. I should've trusted Alana all along."

"No time for arguing, let's just all be happy that we're all still alive." Ray replied. But Charlotte, you're fired. I don't like liars in my midst.

"No don't fire her!" I interrupted. "She made a mistake, we all make mistakes, okay? Forgive and forget." I never knew I'd say that out loud. "But I'd gotten my job back as Girl Danger, and Charlotte should be able to keep hers. Okay?"

"Okay, fine, Charlotte, you get to keep your job, I'll deal with the rest of this tomorrow morning, I'm too tired." Ray went to the backroom where his bedroom was and went to sleep.

I turned to Henry with a concerned look on my face.

"Look, Henry. I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday night. I-"

"Alana, it's fine, honestly. I was being an idiot and I deserved it."

"I want to be, you know... again. I couldn't stop thinking about you, Henry. I really couldn't, and I wi-"

"Me too." Henry replied.

He both hugged.

And we kissed.

Everything was back on track.