Chapter 4 | A weird and wacky costume fitting

If you're a superhero, you're going to need an iconic, noticeable costume, of course.

The classic eye mask to cover your identity and stretchy clothes to fight in, that's  what I thought was going to wear.

But when ray came with the costume rack it was filled with all sorts of things, a bug costume, a tight silver costume, anything you could imagine but a regular superhero costume.

I tried every single one on and I looked ridiculous, like a laughing stock. I felt my eyes tearing up, I didn't want to go out looking stupid, being on the news and everyone laughing at me because of how I looked.

Until I saw the one, the very one, tucked away right at the end, submerged in a mermaid costume.

It was the exact same costume as henry's, but with a red skirt.

"I like it!" Henry said. "I like it a lot, better than the other ones."

"Thank you!" I smiled. "I like it too, it's the perfect fit."

"NO FLIRTING" ray shouted extremely loud, we both covered our ears.

"I like it too, welcome, Girl Danger." We all smiled at once.

ray had a bracelet in his left hand. "this is the bracelet where I alert you when I need you, it's henry's old bracelet but you'll have a custom made one soon, when Schwoz finishes making it."

"what's a schwoz?" I questioned.

"he's a little man who helps build things round here, he's like 3 feet tall, he built everything you see in this room. like the auto snack and the tubes, he even built the man cave."

"can I meet him? where is he?" I said.

"he's on vacation right now, to the bahamas" ray said.

"yes, with his sister who looks like a horse" henry said.

they both laughed in unison. I laughed with them, not knowing what they meant.

"oh, how lovely!" I was going to finish my sentence until my phone rang, it was my mom, I looked at the time and it was 9PM, I had school the next day.

"oh gosh! it's my mom, she'll be wondering where I am, I'm so sorry I've got to go." I ran to the elevator until ray stopped me.

"WAIT! You're in your costume, here are your gumballs, the instructions are on the tube on how they work." He threw them to be at the other side of the room. "meet us here tomorrow after school, remember to not tell anyone, anything, and DON'T BE LATE!"

"Thanks!" I shouted. The elevator door closed.

While I was going up, I read the tube.

"Chew, blow a bubble, and fight crime." Seemed easy enough, I changed back into my regular clothes.

I came out the back of Junk N' Stuff and went out the door.

I ran as fast as I could, I couldn't believe what had just happened, my gum tube was in my left hand, I couldn't let me mom see, I shoved it up my sleeve.

I then arrived at home, it was pitch black outside. I opened the door.

"hey mom!" I shouted, she was in the kitchen. "I can't stop I'm so tired I need to get ready for school tomorrow, but I got the job, goodnight!" I shut the door.

she looked at me and smiled. "well done honey! I am so proud of you, goodnight!" she laughed a little.

I got into my room and lied on my bed, from that day forward my life had changed, i was now a superhero; well, when henry is too busy or if the crime is too much to handle for just 2 people.

I had made a friend, and I might have a slight crush on him, but I didn't want to think of that right now. But I couldn't wait to see him the next day at school.

I  also couldn't wait for what was about to come, but also more crazy adventures, and more horrible, weird stories were about to come my way without even knowing it.

I had butterflies in my stomach.

I hid my gumball tube under a picture frame, changed into my night clothes,  switched off my lights,

and I went to sleep.