Chapter 16 | Moving on?

It had been a week and a half since I got fired. It is spring break now, no school for 2 weeks.

I hadn't seen Henry or Charlotte since, and I don't want to. I need to move forward.

I had still yet to tell my mom that I got fired. I couldn't bear to see the look on her face.

When I say I go to work I shut the front door and hide in my backyard until I would come home, if I still had my job. Works every time. I haven't been caught yet.

For a late birthday present mom got me my own very TV in my room. She didn't have to buy one. But I'm super grateful as she probably spent most of her monthly wage on it.
I only just got it up and working today, I moved all my books on my shelf and I put the TV there. I love it.

Every night now I watch TV, I usually watch dogs got talent, or some weird comedy shows. But most of the time I watch the news to see what Captain Man and Kid Danger get up to.
I can't help it.

Today they caught one of the deadliest criminals in Swellview, the Time Jerker. I always imagine what it would be like if I was there helping them, so I think of me standing in my supersuit next to the news reporter.

Did I say they? I meant he. I was only Captain Man who went to defeat the Time Jerker, I thought it was weird that Henry wasn't with him. But I didn't think much of it.

Until an hour went by, it was 8pm. Mom had gone to sleep, she had work in the morning.

I was watching Spin and Win while eating Sushi Dushi. Until I heard rocks hitting my window.

"What the hell is that noise" I thought with half a container of sushi in my mouth.

I walked over to my window, which is another level in my room, it kind of looks like a stage to be honest.

I lifted up my window and stuck my head out.

I didn't see anything.

"Stupid birds". I thought. Until I heard a whisper.

"Hey! Alana! Down here!" A voice whispered.

It was Henry.