Chapter 9: Emily(no-saint)Georgia

Please play the song above!

"Yes" I said as I stared at her completely speechless

"Yes" I said as I stared at her completely speechless. Not knowing what else to say, I just looked down at my lap.

How did she even find out. I tried my best to show that I don't care about this marriage and it's not affecting me at all, but all those efforts were in vain. After all Layla found out what I was so desperately trying to hide. In the beginning I know I said I don't love anyone because at that time I was heartbroken and too stubborn to admit that not marrying the woman I love is hurting me so much.

I looked up from my lap to see that Layla is still staring at me with no expressions whatsoever.

"And that woman does not love you back, Am I right?" She said so calmly as if she did not just find my secret. God this woman, how does she know everything.

I stared at her dumbfounded because I'm not even capable of muttering a simple 'yes'. So instead I nodded my head. We sat there in silence for a minute or two just staring at each other.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" She said politely, not wanting to pressure me into telling the truth. I contemplated for a second. I think telling her will be nice because I don't wanna keep any secrets from her. She is really nice to me and telling someone what I felt after Emily shattered my heart into pieces would be a really good idea. I just want to let it out, all the pent up anger and negativity.

I start by saying, "Emily is the girl I'm in love with, she is very caring, sweet and charismatic. I met her at a charity ball. She is an actor. We danced at the ball and that was the moment I realised I was in love with her. We shared our contacts after the party and became friends. We hung out a lot, went to movies, concerts and picnics. Then I introduced her to my cousin brother Jordan and then we three became best of friends, inseparable. After a year when I was going to finally confess my feelings, she gave me a news that Jordan had asked her out and she had already said yes. I didn't take it very well so we became distant."

I took a deep breath and continued, "I did not pick up there calls, stopped hanging out with them and at some point I stopped meeting both of them. I was 26 at that time, completely brainless, so then I started focusing on the company. Jordan was a year elder than me so father decided to give the company to him. When I heard that I was enraged and thought, I had already lost the girl to him but I most definitely won't lose the company. So I did what a completely sane person would do, I started my own business which was a success, it earned more than my father's company so that's an advantage.

"After the success of my company, father made a deal with me that if I marry you, he would give me his company as well. It is family business so why would I say no, I accepted without any second thoughts. And after accepting the deal, I just stopped for a second to think, what all has lead me to be here. Now I'm ranting my story to you." I lowly chuckled as I stared at my coffee. I dared not look up because I don't wanna see what Layla's reaction will be.