Chapter 1: Dad Please!

Listen to the song above while reading.💕

Dad: 7a

Dad: 7a.m. On Monday
Girl call me asap!!!!!

The number you have dialed is currently unavailable...

Why in the name of hell my father isn't normal!? He texted me early in the morning and now he's not picking up my call. I'm so done with him! It's not that I don't love him, it's just his behaviour! He acts childish and immature! He's sweet and strict at the same time with his employees but in front of his family he's a Manchild!

The number you have dialed is out of reach...

Me: 8:13a.m.
Dad if this is some sort of prank then please just stop because I'm on the verge of crying! I have so much work to do and you're wasting my time!

Me: 8:15a.m.
Dad please! You're so annoying...

I'm currently sitting in a coffee shop waiting for my coffee as well as my dad's call and simultaneously working on my laptop, occasionally looking up when the bell at the entrance of the coffee shop rings.

My phone vibrated and there was a message from my father...

Dad: 8:45
Sorry girl! Calling you back in 5mins.

The waiter came and kept my order on the table while I was checking my dad's message and some other important emails. I was in the middle of taking a sip from my coffee when I was rudely interrupted by my phone's ringtone.

It's dad!

"Hello baby buffoon! How are you doing!?" My father said as I picked up the call! "What the hell dad How can you call me a buffoon!" I said while pretending to be hurt by his words. "You called me annoying, Lays at least let me call you a buffoon! Do you even realise how much you you have hurt me. It hurts when your daughter calls you annoying in morning!" He fake cried. "Dad tell me what you wanted to talk about and you do annoy people in morning!" I said with amusement.

"Lays its a little important. Can you come to my office?" Dad said, back to his normal, strict self.
"Dad!!!! I waited for 2 hours so that we can talk in private! I could have completed the project that you assigned me yesterday! Dad!!!!" I whined like a baby, "C'mon Lays don't be such a baby and hurry up." He said as he hung up on me. HE HUNG UP ON!

I paid for the coffee and got up from my seat and exited the cafe.
I was walking back to my father's office when my phone started ringing!

"Hey Becky! How are you?" I said the moment I picked up my sister, Rebecca's call. "I'm fine Lays! Are you busy?" She Said. "No I'm just taking a walk." I said.

"I wanted to ask if you're free tomorrow! Wanted to catch up." She said. "Okay, fine by me. Mind if Charlotte tags along?" I replied! "I want it to be just us. I love Charlotte but I'm coming back from Florida and wanted to hang out with you while Ian was on his business trip." She said. "Okay then see you tomorrow! Bye Becky." I hung up the call as we said our goodbyes and entered the office building, 'Sheldon & Co.' was written in big bold letters just above the entrance. I walked towards the elevator and punched the top floor button, waiting patiently to reach my father's cabin.

I knocked on the door and opened the door knob as I heard a faint 'come in'.
My father was sitting on the chair behind his desk while furiously typing on the laptop simultaneously attending a phone call. By the time he ended the call I was sitting on one of the chairs that was kept in front of the desk. Dad looked up and leaned against the table while intervening his fingers.

"Morning Lays! How are you?" He said while he removing his reading glasses as he focused his gaze on me. "Not again Dad, we're already done with the greetings on call! Now tell me what is so important that you made me wait for 2 hours and then called me to your office again." I said getting irritating by the suspense.

"So I wanted to tell you that... you should calm down Lays before listening, I don't want you throwing things at me!" He said chuckling and I joined him imagining how funny I will look when I'm trashing his room. I laughed inwardly, not able to remove the picture from my mind. "Okay dad I promise I will not trash your cabin just tell me what is it." I said curiously. "I want you to marry Reed Valentine." He said in serious tone. "What are you saying dad, I'm too young to marry right now, I just graduated three years back and who the hell is Weed Valentine?" I said not able to process what my father is blabbing about.

"Girl I want you to be happy. This will help us tie up with Valentine inc. and trust me Lays, Reed will make you happy. And lastly his name is Reed not Weed!" He said in a convincing voice. "Dad...what are you saying? You just can't marry me off just for a collaboration. I don't have any problem in marrying that guy but I've been focusing on my career right now. I'm working for you for past 2 years including the internship. I'm working my ass off for improvising all the deals and you're doing this to me? Not expected Father!" I said sternly and my eyes held no emotion. "Please Layla! You don't even have a boyfriend and you can divorce him anytime you want just please cooperate with me for once. This deal is really important and it will profit both the companies just please listen to me!" Dad said.

"Father are you even listening to your self? You're saying that I don't cooperate with you! What the hell are you expecting me to do, I'm working day in and day out so that our company can profit and you're telling me I don't cooperate. You're really hurting me dad." I said raising my voice slightly but making sure that I don't disrespect my dad.

"Sorry Layla, I didn't mean that, just don't get angry please. Think about it when you're calm and composed! It will profit both of us." He said with hopeful eyes. "Father! It seems like it is only profiting you. Once you will get the deal, you'll be happy but what about me, I have to spend my entire life with a stranger." I pondered for a moment before continuing, "I want us to make a deal! Give me something that will equally benefit me in long term." I sighed as I finished ranting. Dad took some time to think before speaking, "Okay, fine by me. If you'll cooperate then you'll get this whole company and you will get to expand it and if you will deny this then the whole company will be divided between Rebecca and Robert even though they aren't interested in business but who can reject so much money, whereas you my girl will get nothing." He said as amusement flashed in his eyes.

I took sometime to process every word that he said and thought everything again and again, mentally making a pros and cons list.

When I was done thinking, I said, "Deal" and got up to leave before I lash out on him again.

I walked towards the door when my father's voice stopped me. I turned back and looked at him. He got up from his seat and made his way towards me. He kept one hand on my hair and said, "Lays I'm sorry but please don't call me Father, only children who hate their dads call them by this term. It's stupid I know but it's equally disturbing and seems like  you hate me too. Call me anything but that please. I'm sorry Layla." He said in a sad dramatic way. "Chill dad! This father thing is momentary but not gonna lie, right now I'm very angry and I don't want to disrespect you so let's talk about this some other time, please!" I said while inhaling deeply, trying my best to control myself. "Am I dismissed, Dad?" I asked and he just nodded his head looking back at his laptop again.

I walked out of his cabin and ran for my life. Within seconds I was out of the office building. I walked towards my car and leaned against it, trying to calm myself, giving my self small pep talks so that I don't murder someone at the given moment.

I got in the car and drove away as sadness took over me. Overthinking about how my life is going to change because of this stupid deal.

Well fuck my life...

...................................................................

Please vote and comment!
Enjoy reading lovelies💕