Chapter 13: Honeymoon

"What is it, Emily?"

"Why are you so angry, Reed? I just wanted to congratulate you. Though it still pains me to think you forgot me so quickly." She said, malice clear in her voice.

"And to hurt me even more you married that fucking cunt. Reed, tell me something, did I cross your mind even once when you were marrying her?" At this point I didn't even know if she was feigning her hurt, I still can't believe I have feelings for her. There was a tiny hope in me that I'll forget her after marrying Layla. But these feelings are now insufferable. I hate it and I hate it even more that I don't hate her.

"Emily you made yourself very clear when you said you didn't want to be with me, so why exactly have you called me? You want me to apologise for moving on?" I taunted back.

"You didn't fight for me, Reed, I was in a bad place before, I didn't want to hurt you, believe me I was trying to protect you. I'm sorry I wasn't clear before but I still love you." Her voice softened.

"It's too late now." I answered back. "It's too late, Emily."

"Tell me one thing, did you marry her to spite me? I didn't mean anything to you?"

"This is not the correct time to discuss all this, I cannot undo this. It was your decision to reject me but it is mine to marry any fucking person I want."

"Reed, why are you hurting me?" I could hear pain in her voice, I could almost imagine her teary eyes. It was heartbreaking but I had to do it, for the sake of my own mental health.

"I'm sorry, Emily, I'll talk to you later. My bride is waiting for me." I ended the call and started walking upstairs.

She just had to call right now

On reaching the first floor, I turned right to see light coming out of the last room of the corridor. In a few hurried strides I reached the door, I twisted the knob to open it, and then I saw the most beautiful sight in front of me.

Layla was trying to unzip her dress, she had successfully made it half way through but still struggling with the lower part. Both sides of the dress dipped from her shoulders. Her bareback was facing me and she saw me through the mirror.

"Oh good you're here, please help me with this please, I'm stuck." She smiled at me tiredly.

Clearing my throat, I walked towards her. I met her eyes through the mirror and holding the gaze I slowly put her hair on her left shoulder, making sure my fingers grazed against her milky white skin. God, it's so smooth. And she smelled so good, I dared to sniff her. Her scent was not floral, but rather sandalwood. I think I'm drowning, but I don't understand why I like it.

Unhurriedly my hand snaked around her waist, and I placed the other on the zipper. And with one gentle tug, the zipper glided down smoothly. Causing the front portion of the gown to bundle around her waist. She quickly covered her breasts with one arm. And then finally my eyes moved down from her eyes to her breasts. Everything about her is so perfect. She's blessed with breasts too.