Chapter 8: In Love

Please play the song while reading

I am in the meeting with all the Heads of different departments so as to formally introduce myself as the new Head of the company

"Good Morning everyone." My voice boomed as I started speaking. "I'm Layla Sheldon, you people already know me but I still want to formally introduce myself and discuss all the plans that I have for this company. Till now everyone worked very sincerely under my father's watch. I hope you can do the same with me, I ask nothing but dedication, perseverance and diligence, you can expect the same from me. I won't bear tardiness and unpunctuality. Some of you are working in this company for over 20 years now and are my father's one of of dearest friends. Everyone working for this company will be treated with utter respect and are all equal. Just because someone in here is my father's old friend doesn't mean there laid back attitude will be tolerated. Our only purpose should be prosperity, stability and success for this company. I will put in all my efforts to achieve that goal and I ask you to do the same."

I continued speaking, "I know everyone's name in here so now that we're done with the introduction, I want everyone's opinion on the ideas I'm going to suggest." Leah was sitting next to me passing me all the files related to the new ideas I came up with.

"So as you people know that we own chains of hospitals, hotels, restaurants and small diners. Our other business includes shipping and trade and all the docks also come under our company. Other than health Care services and trade we have other products like cosmetics, perfumes and lingerie. Now my plan is to add another business. Our very own clothing line." I explained on the board. Leah passed a number files containing various ideas and guidelines related to the new plan to each member present. 18 members were present in all. Everyone began reading the moment they got the files. With all concentration, they were reading each page slowly. I had a feeling that this idea really piqued their interest.

I began again, "In the file, all the steps, programs, names of the employees and head of the department is mentioned. It is also mentioned how we will make it work and the budget that will be required. The first thing that we'll do is to hire the best fashion designers that are freelancers and aren't working with any company. A textile factory has already been built with all the equipments and machines. The HR department has to hire quite a few tailors. They also have to contact famous celebrity fashion designers to come work for us and some fashion influencers to promote our brand. The clothes will be sold in stores as well as on our online website. This is the part where the marketing department comes in, you people have to come up with a strategy for online shopping and a perfect location where we can build our stores. In the next meeting we have to decide the name of our clothing line. Thank you very much."

As my speech ended everybody greeted me and gave their opinions how they are actually interested in this idea and some made suggestions for the name, types of clothes and shoes. Some said that accessories should also be included as it really attracts women and blah blah blah....